Food Fantasia

That sounds nice, do you cook the ribs in a smoker?
No. It's a modified high powered gas grill. The back venting has been closed off by me to trap heat inside. The space between the burners gets stuffed with apple or peach wood that's soaked for 2 days in foil with slits cut across it. It causes a damp wet smoke to happen and it cooks for around 6 hours. When you open the the top you have to have a towel on your face or the smoke causes massive coughing fits. The meat is smoked to the bone and just falls off. The last ten minutes give me a chance to slather on a light coating of a special spicy sauce that creates a crisp crust on the meat and about a cup of red or white wine at the bottom of the container that evaporated into the the bottom of the meat, nice flavor all around. You could debone it by pulling on the bone. The bone itself is cooked through. You'll leave a groove if you squeeze a little hard.

We experimented for a long time and are now able to make almost anything in it. Turkey, chicken, pork loin/tenderloin, tough cuts of beef do not stand a chance to dry up.

Red wine, garlic, rosemary, basil, and some sage for a tough block of red meat that has fat in it renders the meat into the most delicious red meat that's slightly pink on the inside. Goes well in sandwiches, salads, or anything. I can't say the modification works for every gas grill. I ruined 3 good drillbits doing it.

OK; I never come into this thread because it always makes me hungry and I can barely cook frozen pizzas, but:

...the bone I will freeze to make a soup in the Winter.
We always have bean soup on New Year's Day; hopefully you did, because it's supposed to give you good luck for the year! :D

Scurrying out of this thread now because it's 12:30am here and I don't need to be hungry right now, hahaha.
except now I'm watching this thread because I've replied...plan foiled :P

OK; I never come into this thread because it always makes me hungry and I can barely cook frozen pizzas, but:

We always have bean soup on New Year's Day; hopefully you did, because it's supposed to give you good luck for the year! :D

Scurrying out of this thread now because it's 12:30am here and I don't need to be hungry right now, hahaha.
except now I'm watching this thread because I've replied...plan foiled :p

LOL sorry about the making hungry part :p

No didn't have any bean soup, but it sounds delicious! :D I like traditions like that :)

Went simple today. Roasted chicken breast that was stuffed with blended raw spinach, lemon, and some evoo. And a basic salad on the side.

Sounds delicious! :D

Last night we had a whole snapper with a Cantonese Ginger/Garlic/Chilli dressing... it was super yummy!

snapper_ginger.webp

I can never eat fish, im 16.. last time my mom was able to force me to eat fish was when I was 5 or 6. The smell, the look, everything about fish makes me want to throw up or makes me loose my appetite. How do you guys eat it?

I can never eat fish, im 16.. last time my mom was able to force me to eat fish was when I was 5 or 6. The smell, the look, everything about fish makes me want to throw up or makes me loose my appetite. How do you guys eat it?

That's a shame for you. I know one or two other unadventurous people who hate fish. Their loss, fish is wonderful, and of course very good for you. My son who is 15 wouldn't eat fish like above, but he does eat battered and fried fish calamari etc or Fish Fingers (fish sticks) which is good.

That's a shame for you. I know one or two other unadventurous people who hate fish. Their loss, fish is wonderful, and of course very good for you. My son who is 15 wouldn't eat fish like above, but he does eat battered and fried fish calamari etc or Fish Fingers (fish sticks) which is good.
Your son is 15? I thought u were like 25 years old, you look young
smile.png

Lucky you we don't have any market /stores around here to get fresh fish :(

Awww :( sorry to hear that!

We are very lucky here we live on the coast and have a Fishing Co-Op where you can buy local caught fish and we also have several fish shops and even one of the local supermarkets has a good new Fresh fish market in it! :D

That fish cost $11 which I thought was pretty good value.

Awww :( sorry to hear that!

We are very lucky here we live on the coast and have a Fishing Co-Op where you can buy local caught fish and we also have several fish shops and even one of the local supermarkets has a good new Fresh fish market in it! :D

That fish cost $11 which I thought was pretty good value.

I am still searching if not only way is Fishing :P 40miles Drive from here lol

Lucky you we don't have any market /stores around here to get fresh fish :(

Go down down to the creek or the river and catch one. It's easy to get fresh fish. :)

Ooops...you replied just before me. I am still used to the idea that the backyard is a buffet. I always assume it is very everyone else as well.

Top Bottom