Food Fantasia

LOL....my follow up posts had to not make much sense then. :confused:

Especially when I said quit using this smiley. :p

They made no sense at all, I was like huh, what is he on about :p

Now I see where your mind was going with it.. LOL yeah not the best smilie choice :P

I wonder,

Does (English English) (Aussie English) (Kiwi English) and (Yankee English) ever lose something in the translation of a common language? :p

Simple stuff tonight - knocked together a nice Panang Thai curry.

IMG_2035.webp

Another night of not wanting to cook so I have before me a seafood pizza with extra anchovies and a bog off great pile of chips.

Doctor.. that's funny we had seafood pizza too, but what's with you guys eating chips with pizza? :p

Simple stuff tonight - knocked together a nice Panang Thai curry.

Your curry looks great Kier :D Bamboo shoots?

Well last night I made a seafood pizza, Salmon and Prawn to be precise, it actually was a little bit disappointing, we have had smoked salmon and brie pizza before and it was great, but this was not smoked salmon just a normal salmon fillet sliced thinly, and the whole thing just lacked something, it was a little on the bland side, maybe it needed some salt or spices or herbs....next time I will use smoked salmon and add a lot of herbs to the spinach (so they don't burn) - The pizza base was great though, and lots of leftover dough this morning, have to think about what I want to do with it :D

Here's the dough doing it's thing....

pizza_dough.webp

A base of chopped spinach with sliced salmon and prawns and brie with a sprinking of mozzarella to hold it all together.

salmon_prawn_pizza1.webp

and the finished pizza....

salmon_prawn_pizza.webp

That looks great, shame it didn't taste as good as it looks.

I must get around to making my own pizza sometime. I don't get much of an opportunity unfortunately, as Mrs. Kier is coeliac so pizza is pretty much off the menu unless it's a cooking-for-one night.

Doctor.. that's funny we had seafood pizza too, but what's with you guys eating chips with pizza? :p

Your curry looks great Kier :D Bamboo shoots?

Well last night I made a seafood pizza, Salmon and Prawn to be precise, it actually was a little bit disappointing, we have had smoked salmon and brie pizza before and it was great, but this was not smoked salmon just a normal salmon fillet sliced thinly, and the whole thing just lacked something, it was a little on the bland side, maybe it needed some salt or spices or herbs....next time I will use smoked salmon and add a lot of herbs to the spinach (so they don't burn) - The pizza base was great though, and lots of leftover dough this morning, have to think about what I want to do with it :D

Here's the dough doing it's thing....

View attachment 2615

A base of chopped spinach with sliced salmon and prawns and brie with a sprinking of mozzarella to hold it all together.

View attachment 2616

and the finished pizza....

View attachment 2617
I'll be your best friend if you make and mail me some :).

I must get around to making my own pizza sometime. I don't get much of an opportunity unfortunately, as Mrs. Kier is coeliac so pizza is pretty much off the menu unless it's a cooking-for-one night.
Have you considered making the dough with gluten free products? I don't know what is available in your neck of the woods but we have an entire line here that is gluten free. Surely someone has come up with a gluten free line for y'all. 

Oh darn it!!! Our son was gluten intolerant and on a gf diet for years, and we joined in, so I totally empathise! Fortunately in his case he seems to have outgrown it.. he has been back on regular diet for about 2 years now, and no visits to the hospital yet *touches wood* My SIL and nephew are Coeliacs too, so well exposed to that diet!

We used to make GF pizza bases, but in all honesty, GF bread products are the worst aspect of GF.. everything else there are good substitutes, but bread.. argh.

Maybe they have improved since we were on it though, I saw GF pizza bases not long ago that looked half decent.

Oh darn it!!! Our son was gluten intolerant and on a gf diet for years, and we joined in, so I totally empathise! Fortunately in his case he seems to have outgrown it.. he has been back on regular diet for about 2 years now, and no visits to the hospital yet *touches wood* My SIL and nephew are Coeliacs too, so well exposed to that diet!

We used to make GF pizza bases, but in all honesty, GF bread products are the worst aspect of GF.. everything else there are good substitutes, but bread.. argh.

Maybe they have improved since we were on it though, I saw GF pizza bases not long ago that looked half decent.
Here in the states, we have a line from Bob's Red Mill which is really good.

Here in the states, we have a line from Bob's Red Mill which is really good.

Yes I know that brand, not pizza bases though, but when we were on GF a couple of our lovely US friends would mail us their pre-made mixes for cakes and brownies and things... very yummy :D I still really like GF cakes actually, often make them in stead of regular :D

Top Bottom