Food Fantasia

IMG_1069.webp

Result ----

IMG_1073.webp

IMG_1072.webp

Hello dear Food thread,

I am so sorry for the lack of input lately my lovely thread, I have been very busy is my only excuse, a poor excuse I know, I was missing you the whole time, I promise!

Recently I had a very very yummy seafood paella made for me, it was so very goooooood!

seafood_paella.webp

And of course.. there has been cakes, many many many many cakes, so many cakes I am (almost) getting sick of cake LOL...

for those that don't know I am now doing a professional baking qualification, and we make a LOT of cakes, most of which end up either at charity functions, or being given away, but there is always some in this household...

Strawberry mousse cakes...

strawberry_sponge.webp

Tomorrow (9th) is my birthday dear food thread, and yes.. there will be cake! Will try to get a pic before it is schnaffed up!

for those that don't know I am now doing a professional baking qualification, and we make a LOT of cakes, most of which end up either at charity functions, or being given away, but there is always some in this household...
Psssstt!! ;)

Love the update, Kim! Is that a strawberry shortcake?

Psssstt!! ;)

Love the update, Kim! Is that a strawberry shortcake?

Thank you ;) hehehe

No, strawberry shortcake is more like layers of biscuit or shortbread with strawberries and cream I think, but one of our American friends might be able to fill us in on what it is exactly.

This cake is a light airy sponge with a delicious strawberry mousse and fresh strawberries. The whole thing is very light and something like eating a whispered sweet secret!

Thank you ;) hehehe

No, strawberry shortcake is more like layers of biscuit or shortbread with strawberries and cream I think, but one of our American friends might be able to fill us in on what it is exactly.

This cake is a light airy sponge with a delicious strawberry mousse and fresh strawberries. The whole thing is very light and something like eating a whispered sweet secret!
My stomach is grumbling...:(

This was my birthday gift from my wife yesterday, cherry swirl NY style cheesecake from scratch. omm nom nom!

Happy Birthday John!!! Cheesecake... mmmmm yummy!!

When is your actual birthday? Edit, just found out on another forum.... Happy BIG Birthday for the 6th John :D

Mine is the 9th.

Some savoury pies and sausage rolls I made a while ago.... the pie was Beef bourguignon inside.

These were made before I started my pastry class, so later models have had more impressive pastry, but those ones were very delicious anyway!!

beef_burgundy_pie.webp
sausagerolls.webp

What's everyone been eating/cooking lately?

Top Bottom