Font Sizing

Font Sizing [Paid] 1.0.0

No permission to buy ($0.00)

silence

silence submitted a new resource:

Font Sizing - Allow your users to change the size of message text for better readibility!

This addon will allow your users to change the size of message text, for better readability!

It has been done completely with template modifications, so it's easy to install and maintain!

It stores everything in cookies, so zero impact on your server's performance.

It comes with the following options:
- Trigger the overlay in the footer and breadcrumb.
- Enable for specific usergroups (disabled by default).
- Styling Groups for easy...

Read more about this resource...

Just saw this. Thanks for releasing it! I will send you some money and try this out. Do you think you could add options for changing also the sidebar font size as well as font sizes for forum name, latest thread, and thread title, or is that already there?

Just saw this. Thanks for releasing it! I will send you some money and try this out. Do you think you could add options for changing also the sidebar font size as well as font sizes for forum name, latest thread, and thread title, or is that already there?
Depends on the outcry for such features.

Ok just coded a moderate way to choose what you want to resize (still only template edits, making sure this addon never has to include files!)
Screenshot:
6c4d141578da25ecc5b28486dfb24984.webp
Works great so far :D
To be able to choose what you want to resize, you WILL have to have some knowledge of CSS to be able to pick and choose what exactly you want to resize.

Also it will change to % instead of PX, to allow for resizing to look normalized throughout all pages instead of everything being, like 16px and whatnot. Shouldn't be an issue, but just a head's up!

I'll try to push out an update by tonight!

Ok just coded a moderate way to choose what you want to resize (still only template edits, making sure this addon never has to include files!)
Screenshot:
View attachment 62959
Works great so far :D
To be able to choose what you want to resize, you WILL have to have some knowledge of CSS to be able to pick and choose what exactly you want to resize.

Why will you have to have knowledge of CSS? Is there a way to provide, say, a little tutorial on what CSS parts/names affect which fonts?

I clicked the "buy now" button and sent some money, but it's not clear to me how actually to get the plugin after that. Could you explain for me and the benefit of others?

I clicked the "buy now" button and sent some money, but it's not clear to me how actually to get the plugin after that. Could you explain for me and the benefit of others?
The FetchApp service emails it to the PayPal email/email used to pay with. Check that email :D

Yes, got it! I wasn't used to getting things in this way.
Yeah it's fine.
I've hit a snag, since a bunch of elements may have a font size set by px, pt, em, or %, I need to filter each and increment them based on which unit they are, while preserving the unit as to make increments universal and not mess up the style look to the user :D
Might be a bit before I can push the update out!

I have finals this week so it may be a wee bit longer, also I have to figure out a decent solution for this issue to make your life easier! Like since some elements don't have font sizes, I want it to target any parent elements until it finds it's nested font size, and update that :D

I have finals this week so it may be a wee bit longer, also I have to figure out a decent solution for this issue to make your life easier! Like since some elements don't have font sizes, I want it to target any parent elements until it finds it's nested font size, and update that :D

Sounds cool. Thanks.

Right now, these are the elements that it would be nice to be able to resize in concert with one another:

message_text
Forum name text and thread name text
Category name text
Style Properties -> Forum / Node List -> Node Last Post and
Style Properties -> Sidebar, text size

Those are the main areas that I believe users focus on or read a lot. Otherwise, the header info, tab fonts, footer fonts, aren't so important to me. But I suppose a full font scaling solution would take into account all elements--or make the resizing of all elements optional. Perhaps a series of check boxes for each element could be provided so that users can determine which text gets increased/decreased on demand. Otherwise, you'll get users whose design/site style gets messed up by changing font sizes across-the-board, I would imagine.

Issue trigger button doesn't shown after installation
I've installed the addon. But no trigger button in breadcrumb or Footer is shown. I've switched to default style and also there no button there. I've searched in ACP templates and found 3 templates, but I don't know why it doesn't work. Can you please help?

Is the javascript triggered only after click on the button or is it triggered when user first time visit forum (decrease pagespeed)?

Last edited:
Nvm it seems like the addon is broken or doesn't work with latest xenforo version.
I noticed this on my sidebar. The status box shouldn't be under "new profile posts."
beihJpX.png

I get no error in logs also :(
Any idea or any way to get the addon working?

Top Bottom