Cannot reproduce Font size mismatch on what's new page

Found out that text-size-adjust is causing this. I believe this was done to overcome iOS issue with unexpected font size increase, but on Android it does exactly the opposite by triggering it. This line is not needed at all, because this bug is already fixed with the meta tag:

HTML:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

We haven't actually been able to reproduce this... we could add text-size-adjust: none to the core CSS, but I'm not totally convinced it's necessary?

We haven't actually been able to reproduce this... we could add text-size-adjust: none to the core CSS, but I'm not totally convinced it's necessary?
Would it be possible to remove this rule entirely and still have disabled font boosting on iOS? Removing that rule seems to fix the issue for me, if it's not causing problems on iOS it should be safe to remove it. Also, meta tag needs a tiny update: https://bitsofco.de/ios-safari-and-shrink-to-fit/

It's not causing issues on Android as far as our testing goes so we wouldn't be looking to make any further changes here until there's a more consistent reproduction case.

Can confirm this is not reproducible on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Android 6.0.1. I wonder if this is caused by custom default font on Hydrogen OS. I'll try updating to the latest beta and recheck this.

Last edited:
Got a better idea what's causing this. I have a global setting for font size, if I change it to anything higher than default, text on Xf2 changes in size, but not everywhere and sometimes it changes its size back (for example in Account popup). I don't know if this is a standard setting on Android, but if it is, this should be fairly easy to reproduce.

Top Bottom