XF 2.1 Font Awesome 5, Editor button management, Markdown support and more!

We did say we'd see you again fairly soon and so here we are, hot on the heels of our push notifications announcement, to bring you an update on several more new features and improvements coming in XenForo 2.1.

Remember, to ensure you're kept up to date, we strongly recommend smashing the "Watch forum" link here and enabling email notifications if you haven't done so already 🙂

Hi,

I can't use markdown in XenForo! how can I do it, for example, I have this Markdown code :

Markdown (GitHub flavored):
This text can be **embedded** into Markdown:

<i class="fa fa-refresh fa-spin fa-lg"></i> Refresh Page

how can I show it in XenForo?

Activate 1th the option to get it work.

Admin CP -> Setup -> Options -> Messages

Find: Convert Markdown-style content to BB code

Then: Put check mark next to it to activate the markdown option through you xenforo community.

@Fethi.dz
as mentioned above the Markdown code not work also here in XenForo, you can try it.

Working.

3718AE34-9550-4ECD-BFD4-E21774015F8D.png

Last edited:
Although we're only supporting this kind of advanced option syntax on the IMG and ATTACH BB codes right now, it is a general concept that other developers could add to their own BB codes going forward.

Is there an easy way to enable this for custom BB codes?

As it is, it looks like I would need to extend XF\BbCode\RuleSet to override some method and somehow set my custom tag rules much like that of IMG :

Code:
        $this->addTag('img', [
            'supportOptionKeys' => RuleSet::OPTION_KEYS_ONLY,
            'plain' => true,
            'stopSmilies' => true,
            'stopAutoLink' => true
        ]);

Last edited:
Is there an easy way to enable this for custom BB codes?

As it is, it looks like I would need to extend XF\BbCode\RuleSet to override some method and somehow set my custom tag rules much like that of IMG :

Code:
        $this->addTag('img', [
            'supportOptionKeys' => RuleSet::OPTION_KEYS_ONLY,
            'plain' => true,
            'stopSmilies' => true,
            'stopAutoLink' => true
        ]);

Down GIF by VOXTUR

Support related posts must be made in the relevant customer support forum, not HYS threads or public forums.

Top Bottom