Folding@home XenForo team - Join the fight against COVID-19

Well, I tossed an older machine I had lying around into the fray. If it seems to be accomplishing something I have additional systems to add. Might be interesting.

Why do I feel like I'm part of skynet now?

Last edited:
Now you can see why I boot my Mac into Windows.

For some reason I didn't receive any WUs for the CPU overnight, but the Radeon 580X Pro looks to have done a fairly good job. And if I'm reading this right then it's about 15 minutes away from completing a 59,000 point WU.

Booted into macOS it wouldn't have used the GPU at all.

Yeah, CPU vs GPU is a very clear race
lCnXosQ.png

fPdOx9R.png

Since it's apparently the largest supercomputer in the world so far (according to:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
) just curious what they've managed to achieve with all this power?

Do they publish what exactly they're using all the power on and the outcomes of it (what they learned)

It's hard to say.

To get into the top 100 for the month stats you need nearly 600 million points. We're less than a million.

It's hard to get visibility of what is required to get into, say, the top 5,000 or 1,000.

Right now I'm more concerned that @Steve F is beating me and it looks like @NixFifty has considerable output so I'll be switching on some more PCs... 😠

What is our goal
Do the best we can :)

Running my gaming PC and gaming laptop

PC Specs:
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.0ghz
eVGA RTX 2080 Super
16GB Ram

Laptop:
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q (6GB GDDR5)
16GB DDR4

Have my wife's PC too but not sure it could even handle it...

Do the best we can :)
Awesome dude, hell yeah. Well great idea here to help. Ive got my gaming rig at home running. I could see if we can get all the machines at the office running, we've got maybe 8-9 decent machines just sitting there due to covid19. A few 2016-2018 iMacs at like I think 4ghz. Not super fantastic but could help. We got 2 custom gaming rigs with i7 4700.

They only have two servers to distribute work units. The second one has been spun up because the first one hasn't been able to handle the load lately, but they're focusing on evaluating the results as far as I've picked up from their twitter, so spinning up more work servers is lower priority.

I used to fold a ton back in the day with ExtremeOverClocking.com. Might as well start fresh with my 1950x Threadripper. Might bring more machines on at a later point.
Screenshot from 2020-03-25 23-28-17.webp

Top Bottom