Folding@home XenForo team - Join the fight against COVID-19

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I usually literally have just restarted - I switch from macOS to Windows when I'm done working for the day.

There is a reason the WUs may come in perceivably quicker when you restart though, so it is worthwhile if you feel things are stuck. I think it kind of puts you to the front of the queue. Each time it attempts to grab a WU and there isn't one, it delays the next attempt exponentially until eventually it's only trying upwards of once an hour. A restart will get it to try again starting every few seconds and so on, so you're more likely to get one by doing that.

But last couple of nights, nada.

I think my MBP might be doing a bit overnight but it's not the most powerful CPU in the world.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Pretty much. If it seems to be stuck then you can try rebooting your computer but it doesn’t always work.

Lukas W.

Formerly katsulynx
I also feel like my GPU work orders aren't credited while my CPU work orders are. :unsure: I've completed two for around 50k each, but my points have only gone up by a thousand or so for some CPU work orders. Either it's heavily delayed, or they got lost. :(

andybond

I also feel like my GPU work orders aren't credited while my CPU work orders are. :unsure: I've completed two for around 50k each, but my points have only gone up by a thousand or so for some CPU work orders. Either it's heavily delayed, or they got lost. :(
You get a based credit which you can see if the advanced view and then sometimes credited with the estimate at a later time. Some WU are pretty low in points as well

1585394456711.png

Lukas W.

Formerly katsulynx
You get a based credit which you can see if the advanced view and then sometimes credited with the estimate at a later time. Some WU are pretty low in points as well

View attachment 221351
Yeah, my GPU tasks are estimated at around 50-80k and the base is somewhere around 7.5-15k. I'm not getting credited either one though, only a handful of points for any completed CPU task. My GPU has been spinning idle for the first half of the week though, so I'm just wondering if there's a heavy delay. My points per day also tend to be around 350-500k when my GPU is running tasks, but I've only made around 2k the last two days combined.

andybond

Yeah, my GPU tasks are estimated at around 50-80k and the base is somewhere around 7.5-15k. I'm not getting credited either one though, only a handful of points for any completed CPU task. My GPU has been spinning idle for the first half of the week though, so I'm just wondering if there's a heavy delay. My points per day also tend to be around 350-500k when my GPU is running tasks, but I've only made around 2k the last two days combined.
I suspect lag on the collection server. Mine jumps all over the place at what seems to be random intervals.

andybond

We are now

3066 of 248156

Could do with more machines guys. You can run your machine 24/7 or just a unit a day. It could make a difference.