Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this broken Eric? ,the "style-Flexile-Dark" gives me a crazy arse theme

style-Flexile-Dark
screenshot.427.webp

style-Flexile-Dark-Green
screenshot.428.webp

Pretty odd huh.

Have you installed the base Flexile Dark style before installing the colored versions as child styles? If you don't already have the original (light) Flexile installed, you'll want to use the style-Flexile-Dark-Standalone.xml file. :)
The standalone works fine Eric, and yea I installed Flexile Dark than added a child /green.

contentarea.jpg

I can not figure out how to change the "content area" to save my life. I would enjoy any help that can be given.

Is not compatible with CloudFlare. Generates tons of "Unspecified Error" Messages and almost nothing works. Standard theme still works though so it IS Flexile (I run dark standalone)

Is not compatible with CloudFlare. Generates tons of "Unspecified Error" Messages and almost nothing works. Standard theme still works though so it IS Flexile (I run dark standalone)
I'd recommend keeping this to the original thread you created as there's no way a theme can be incompatible with any sort of hosting. There will be some other reason for this. A theme is just a collection of HTML and CSS and some Javascript. It's more likely that there's some sort of error or corruption in the code caused by you moving stuff over to Cloudflare rather than the theme itself being incompatible with it.

The read/unread icons seem backwards to me. The read one is brighter than the read one. How do I reverse them? Will they be changed back when I upgrade the template?

Thanks for your help.

Will they be changed back when I upgrade the template?

For ease, you could always change the filenames:

forum-read.png to forum-unread.png
forum-unread.png to forum-read.png

But then of course if the style gets updated (with replacement files) these changes will need to be done again.

For ease, you could always change the filenames:

forum-read.png to forum-unread.png
forum-unread.png to forum-read.png

But then of course if the style gets updated (with replacement files) these changes will need to be done again.

No, that doesn't work. If you actually look at those files they are just the outlines. I believe it's the background colors that need to be switched? How can I do that to test it?

Thanks.

No, that doesn't work. If you actually look at those files they are just the outlines. I believe it's the background colors that need to be switched? How can I do that to test it?

Thanks.
Ah yes, I see.

Could try this and hope it helps.
In EXTRA.CSS add...
Code:
/* Change forum node bg colours */
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background: url("styles/flexiledark/xenforo/node-sprite.png") no-repeat scroll -44px 0 #0022FF !important;
}

.node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background: url("styles/flexiledark/xenforo/node-sprite.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 #111111 !important;
}
Blue becomes unread (or new posts) and grey becomes read (or old posts) in this example.

fd-example.webp

So, close. That does in fact work (except the correct theme blue is #217BD5, not #0022FF) for the blue scheme. However, I allow my members to choose from all of the different color schemes. This seems to also make the Orange, Green, etc. themes use the same colors. I believe this is because they are child themes. I tried putting different code in the EXTRA.CSS of each child theme, but it still resorted to the blue ones.

Can you advise how I handle that scenario? Don't feel obligated, you've helped a lot already. :)

Thanks.

Sorry But im a huge newbie at this. When i install flexile, dark/light I get this.
w9hDh.png

Even when i change colors. Any help?

Sorry But im a huge newbie at this. When i install flexile, dark/light I get this.
w9hDh.png

Looks like not all the CSS is working. Are you sure you uploaded all the files in the upload folder and installed the theme file correctly? Try installing the Flexile-Dark-Standalone file instead and see if that fixes things. :)

Everyone else:
1.1.3 update coming soon, but template changes are minimal so you should be fine anyways.

So, close. That does in fact work (except the correct theme blue is #217BD5, not #0022FF) for the blue scheme. However, I allow my members to choose from all of the different color schemes. This seems to also make the Orange, Green, etc. themes use the same colors. I believe this is because they are child themes. I tried putting different code in the EXTRA.CSS of each child theme, but it still resorted to the blue ones.

Can you advise how I handle that scenario? Don't feel obligated, you've helped a lot already. :)

Thanks.
Find this CSS in the node_list.css file and swap the background-image and background-color attributes. This works because it edits it where it is defined instead of overriding it in EXTRA.css. :)

Code:
    .node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon,
    .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon
    {
        background-image: url(@forumIconReadPath);
        background-color: @primaryLightish;
    }

.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon,
    .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon
    {
        background-image: url(@forumIconUnreadPath);
        background-color: @primaryMedium;
    }

This should be inherited down to the other colored child styles. :) Just be aware that unless you make this change in a child style to the "base" Flexile, you will need to make this edit each time you upgrade the style. :)

w9hDh.png

Looks like something went wrong with installing the style. Make sure that all files under the /upload folder are uploaded to your server, then try re-installing the style file. :)

As Yorick already mentioned, there is nothing I can do about this. If anything it would be a problem with CloudFlare - there is nothing inherently different with this theme compared to the default XenForo theme in regards to how they are built. It's just HTML and CSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom