Flat Awesome - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

@Russ I had a request I'm not quite sure how to fulfill:
One shade darker on the light grey post boxes and sidebars would help relax viewing. And then switching the current quote box white background to the current light grey post box color.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would like to have a different image icon for each forum (node), but not FA icons - actual jpgs/gifs. I've seen where you posted how to do it with FA icons, but not with your own images. This post Flat Awesome shows how to do it with FA icons and the sample code for extra.css is
Code:
.node_15 .nodeIcon .fa-comments:before

{
    content: "\f10c"; /* Change icon using unicode */
}

.node_14 .nodeIcon .fa-comments:before
{
    content: "\f121";
}

.node_2 .nodeIcon .fa-comments:before
{
    content: "\f11d";
}

.node_3 .nodeIcon .fa-comments:before
{
    content: "\f06d";
}

So how do I change it to use actual images stored on the server? Thank you!

I think I've found a problem(bug?) with the style on mobile phones. I noticed this problem before, but it has become worse after I added a background image. I'm using xenforo 1.4.10.

Within "Flat Awesome Properties -> Background Top Helper ->Background"
I set it to an image and made it 500px long. This looks great on my forum using a desktop web browser. However, on mobile, the background image shows up first on loading the screen, then slowly all the elements completely cover it up. I understand mobile hides the background on purpose, which is fine. However, the image popping up first on the screen looks really tacky and also slows down the browser loading. Eventually, it is fully covered up and looks fine (which is ok) but the load process just looks really bad with Chrome on my android phone. It's also unnecessary since the background is never shown on mobile. Even without using a background image, the default blue color would do the same thing and eventually be covered, causing a weird mobile load process.

Is there a way to make it so this background image or background color never load for mobile users? Or somehow loads last (already covered up)? Removing the background for mobile would be better for page speed as well.

Search the thread. Russ has said it at least 53 times now.

Russ you've really got to bake that into the options, just to save yourself from continually having to answer this.
Is there a way to search just the thread? All I see is up top of page, and it searches entire site.

Search the thread. Russ has said it at least 53 times now.

Russ you've really got to bake that into the options, just to save yourself from continually having to answer this.

:D

I've added it into the FAQ:

Flat Awesome

Where do I set the social icons links?

Please see FAQ:

Flat Awesome

I think I've found a problem(bug?) with the style on mobile phones. I noticed this problem before, but it has become worse after I added a background image. I'm using xenforo 1.4.10.

Within "Flat Awesome Properties -> Background Top Helper ->Background"
I set it to an image and made it 500px long. This looks great on my forum using a desktop web browser. However, on mobile, the background image shows up first on loading the screen, then slowly all the elements completely cover it up. I understand mobile hides the background on purpose, which is fine. However, the image popping up first on the screen looks really tacky and also slows down the browser loading. Eventually, it is fully covered up and looks fine (which is ok) but the load process just looks really bad with Chrome on my android phone. It's also unnecessary since the background is never shown on mobile. Even without using a background image, the default blue color would do the same thing and eventually be covered, causing a weird mobile load process.

Is there a way to make it so this background image or background color never load for mobile users? Or somehow loads last (already covered up)? Removing the background for mobile would be better for page speed as well.

Unfortunately the browser will still download the images even if you use media queries. Best thing to do is to optimize the images you load

Kraken.io Image Optimizer

I added in my own logo changng the text in the top left corner, how do i center it to the middle of the header?

Code:
html #logo {
float: none;
text-align: center;
}

In extra.css should do it.

I would like to have a different image icon for each forum (node), but not FA icons - actual jpgs/gifs. I've seen where you posted how to do it with FA icons, but not with your own images. This post Flat Awesome shows how to do it with FA icons and the sample code for extra.css is
Code:
.node_15 .nodeIcon .fa-comments:before

{
    content: "\f10c"; /* Change icon using unicode */
}

.node_14 .nodeIcon .fa-comments:before
{
    content: "\f121";
}

.node_2 .nodeIcon .fa-comments:before
{
    content: "\f11d";
}

.node_3 .nodeIcon .fa-comments:before
{
    content: "\f06d";
}

So how do I change it to use actual images stored on the server? Thank you!

This should work:

Code:
.nodeList .node.node_12 .nodeIcon
{
background: url(@imagePath/xenforo/node12icon.png) no-repeat center center transparent !important;
}
.nodeList .node.node_12 .nodeIcon .fa
{
display: none;
}

Need to change the node# of course.

@Russ I had a request I'm not quite sure how to fulfill:

Any help would be appreciated.

For the message bit:

Style Properties -> Message Layout -> Message

The BBCode stuff(quotes/code) can be adjusted by going to : Style Properties -> BB Code Elements, there's a few places to adjust it though: BB Code Block // Type Row // Pre Code

There is a bug with this style on XenForo 1.5 RC2.
Using Notice on Floating, dismiss has word D, not an X to dismiss.

-snipped-
screencapture-theeconation-com-index-php-1439746674744.webp
@Russ I figured it out, new question tho. How do I change the background image(The area in black) with an image of choice? And how do I make the area in red transparent? i have this code put in so it matches the rest of the site for now but that inst transparent.
Code:
#header #logoBlock .pageWidth .pageContent {
background-image: url("styles/Images/header.png");
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

html #logoBlock
{
background-color: #eef0f4;
}
I've tried this as well
Code:
#header #logoBlock .pageWidth .pageContent {
background-image: url("styles/Images/header.png");
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

html #logoBlock
{
background-color: transparent;
}
but that just gave me a black box, any ideas?
Capture1.webp

Last edited:
Can some one support me with this?

Try this in extra.css:

Code:
html .attachment .thumbnail .genericAttachment
{
   background-image: none;
   line-height: 36px;
}
html .attachment .thumbnail .genericAttachment:before
{
   color: @contentText;
   content: "\f019";
   font-family: FontAwesome;
   font-weight: normal;
   font-size: 30px;
}

Sorry for the late response, missed ya in my last batch.

@Blakefire

Use just

Code:
#logoBlock

To target the entire top area, or am I missing what you're trying to do :D

Try this in extra.css:

Code:
html .attachment .thumbnail .genericAttachment
{
   background-image: none;
   line-height: 36px;
}
html .attachment .thumbnail .genericAttachment:before
{
   color: @contentText;
   content: "\f019";
   font-family: FontAwesome;
   font-weight: normal;
   font-size: 30px;
}

Thank you, that fixed the problem!

evening chaps, how do i replace node icons font awesome read/unread to my own node read/unread icons

evening chaps, how do i replace node icons font awesome read/unread to my own node read/unread icons
Navigate to the Flat Awesome style properties and in the settings remove the node icon path they have set, then go back to the style properties and find node icon and set up your custom icons there.

Top Bottom