Flat Awesome - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

I have a question also for this theme for XF1.5.24:

I just installed the theme and created also a child theme as recommended. Works fine. Now I get this "template error" message in ACP "outdated template".

outdated_templates.webp

I worry now to merge this template as it seems to change the parent template, which should not be edited as shown above in the file name.

What shall I do now?

i might be wrong here but resource manager mark all products as unmaintained if they are not updated for six months. since the theme is downloaded from external source... listing was not updated in six months so it is marked as such?

But in the Ressource Manager it is flagged as "unmaintained"
I linked directly to the @Pixel Exit (owned and run by @Russ) web site. That is the font of all wisdom and knowledge for all things Flat Awesome for XF 1.x and XF 2.x. I have been running FlatAwesome for the past year on XF2, starting with 2.1.1 and now going up to the current 2.1.7.

@Russ is on the cusp of releasing a MAJOR new revision to Flat Awesome and his other templates that is a significant step forward. This has been hotly anticipated for months. Even in its current form, FA+ works perfectly with XF 2.1.7 and other recent versions.

Best to get technical support from the @Pixel Exit web site, not here, for their tempates. Many if not most questions have been asked and answered there.

In the image posted above, I do not see a "child" template -- only the parent. You NEED to duplicate it per instructions to a child template, and perform any modifications on the child template.

Your setup should look like the one below. This is from XF2, so it may differ a bit from XF1, but you get the gist -- you can clearly see that the child templates are there, and enabled.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 6.36.27 AM.webp

I have a question also for this theme for XF1.5.24:

I just installed the theme and created also a child theme as recommended. Works fine. Now I get this "template error" message in ACP "outdated template".

View attachment 219272

I worry now to merge this template as it seems to change the parent template, which should not be edited as shown above in the file name.

What shall I do now?
Our 1.x styles are unsupported (no updates) as of March 14th 2019. If that one template is all that is outdated though I’m sure we can help out if you can get us a log in and post a ticket on Pixel Exit.

so it may differ a bit from XF1
It does differ, our XF 2 styles do not require XenBase as a parent any longer. ;)

In the image posted above, I do not see a "child" template -- only the parent. You NEED to duplicate it per instructions to a child template, and perform any modifications on the child template.

I did that. See screenshot.

outdated_templates_child.webp

Strangely, the alert in ACP does not appear for the child theme, only for the parent theme.

If that one template is all that is outdated though I’m sure we can help out if you can get us a log in and post a ticket on Pixel Exit.

Thanks for your offer. If this is no problem for the child theme to work properly, then I am fine with it. The only thing that changed in the template code seems to be this:

outdated_templates_public_css_code1.webp

and at the buttom that:

outdated_templates_public_css_code2.webp

( I never know what red and what green means)

So if this is only a question of deleting one thing or a line, then I can do this .

I am planning to use this template on my XF1.5.24 forums to get the users used to it and as soon as I upgrade to XF2.1x, they have one thing less to get used too ;)

This is why I am testing it at the moment. The purpose is to have a light template which is excellent for responsive design and no unneeded gimmicks which makes it just slow. But it shall look still elegant, not too dark and easy to change colours by myself.

@snoopy5 that's generally how the templates will show in regards to parent/child. It showing as outdated just means an update was pushed out that changed something in a template that has been edited. As you can see, we add our custom CSS template at the bottom of that template which is why it's edited. Now... if we didn't make that edit and you changed something in the template and proceeded to upgrade, it wouldn't show outdated on the parent but your child.

For that fix just copy the red line on the compare and replace it with the green. Green = what's in the template currently and red is what's missing. Click SAVE AND EXIT.

As for our resource showing as unmaintained, it's just an automatic thing via XF based on certain criteria. The styles are still updated and yes and massive update coming shortly :).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Top Bottom