XF 2.1 First time uploading and install questions.

Tweed

Hi, I recently bought Xenforo and I have some questions about the upload/ installation process. I am using Dreamhost as my host and i'm using their built in file management system instead of a third party ftp software. As per the upload instructions I have uploaded the content of the upload directory to what I believe is my webroot (A directory that shares the name of my domain). I believe that I have done this successfully. However, I do not see a URL link that the Xenforo instructions said I should see. So my question is What have I done wrong? is this something you all have a potential answer to, or should I contact my host for assistance?

What is the URL where you have uploaded the XF files?

The install script should kick in automatically when you navigate to it but it can be forced by adding /install to the URL.

By URL do you mean the domain name or the host name that my provider gave me? I have tried adding /install to the end of the URL to both of these URLs both resulting in a 404 error.

I'm sorry if I am a little confused, I'm new to this and just want to get things up and running.

I believe the URL is beehiveforums.net if you go to this site you get a message that it is under development.

If I have indeed uploaded the files in the wrong place where do you suggest I upload them? I know the instructions to upload them at your webroot (such as your public_html directory ). However I don't see this as an option in my file manager. Which is why I uploaded the files to the directory that was called the name of my domain because it seemed like the closest thing.

Yes, the files don't appear to have been uploaded to the domain root.

That is typically the public_html directory but if there isn't one and you aren't sure what the path is on the server, contact your host and they will be able to confirm what it is.

You can then just move the files from the current location, rather than having to upload them again.

Top Bottom