FireFox JS Error

-Calypso-

Fresh install, no add-ons.

Error when attepting to submit post.
err1-1.png

FF Error Console:
err2-1.png

Downloaded the package -> unzipped to HD -> uploaded files -> installed board

This is the process that I have done for years, don't see why it should change now?

BTW: Updating to FF 4.0.x didn't resolve the issue. I can post here so it is most likely something with my server but I would like some more info before I submit a ticket to my hosting. Would like to know that it IS a server issue before I claim that it is so.

Thanks for any help.

Is there any chance you can download the upgrade package and overwrite the files on the server?

It may not help but it's worth a try.

If it doesn't then please submit a ticket as it will need more in-depth investigation.

Please note that the installation routine will direct you to ensure that the data
and internal_data directories within your XenForo Directory are writeable by the
webserver (ie: chmod 0777).

The installation never did this, it remained at 0755 without change request, not sure if that was the goal or not.

Edit: CHMOD didn't change anything, still getting the same error. Should I just submit a ticket?

If suexec is installed, it isn't necessary and you won't be prompted.

Otherwise, the /data and /internal_data directories and all subdirectories must by 0777 so you will have to manually chmod them.

Nice, uploaded the upgrade package and did the rebuild thing and now all seems to be fine. Is there something in the upgrade package that is not in the main download? When I uploaded the upgrade files, I got the message about it already being up to date so I'm not sure what the problem was or what the exact fix was.

There was most likely a corrupt or missing file from the original upload.
It's common with FTP processes, especially where FileZilla is concerned as I get errors with that myself every time I use it.

There's a link to a FAQ in my signature which explains the difference between the full and upgrade packages.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

All you've done is overwrite the files.
You use the upgrade package so you don't overwrite your config.php file.

Top Bottom