1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FireFox JS Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by -Calypso-, Mar 27, 2011.

1. -Calypso-

-Calypso- Member

Fresh install, no add-ons.

Error when attepting to submit post.
    [​IMG]

FF Error Console:
    [​IMG]

2. James

James Well-Known Member

Can you consistently reproduce this or does a hard refresh fix it?

3. -Calypso-

-Calypso- Member

Constantly, was considering updating FF to see what happens.

4. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Did you upload the files one by one ? or upload a zip file and extract the files from your server ?

5. -Calypso-

-Calypso- Member

Downloaded the package -> unzipped to HD -> uploaded files -> installed board

This is the process that I have done for years, don't see why it should change now?

BTW: Updating to FF 4.0.x didn't resolve the issue. I can post here so it is most likely something with my server but I would like some more info before I submit a ticket to my hosting. Would like to know that it IS a server issue before I claim that it is so.

Thanks for any help.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is there any chance you can download the upgrade package and overwrite the files on the server?

It may not help but it's worth a try.

If it doesn't then please submit a ticket as it will need more in-depth investigation.

7. James

James Well-Known Member

Them pseudo-classes aren't used anywhere 'cause they don't exist...

8. -Calypso-

-Calypso- Member

Before I do that, is there documentation of the correct CHMOD to specific directories? Could be a permissions thing.

9. Brogan

10. -Calypso-

-Calypso- Member

The installation never did this, it remained at 0755 without change request, not sure if that was the goal or not.

Edit: CHMOD didn't change anything, still getting the same error. Should I just submit a ticket?

11. Brogan

If suexec is installed, it isn't necessary and you won't be prompted.

Otherwise, the /data and /internal_data directories and all subdirectories must by 0777 so you will have to manually chmod them.

12. -Calypso-

-Calypso- Member

Already CHMOD /data and /internal_data (including all withing (FileZilla)) as well as deleting cookies for the url installed on with no change.

13. Brogan

As I said above, if uploading a new .zip package doesn't fix the problem, please open a ticket.

14. -Calypso-

-Calypso- Member

Nice, uploaded the upgrade package and did the rebuild thing and now all seems to be fine. Is there something in the upgrade package that is not in the main download? When I uploaded the upgrade files, I got the message about it already being up to date so I'm not sure what the problem was or what the exact fix was.

15. Brogan

There was most likely a corrupt or missing file from the original upload.
    It's common with FTP processes, especially where FileZilla is concerned as I get errors with that myself every time I use it.

There's a link to a FAQ in my signature which explains the difference between the full and upgrade packages.
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

All you've done is overwrite the files.
    You use the upgrade package so you don't overwrite your config.php file.

16. -Calypso-

-Calypso- Member

nice, much thanks for the help, now I (and others) can post :) gj bro