1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Firefox Android App - Enter Key

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by robart, Nov 19, 2015.

1. robart

robart Member

Not sure if this is a bug in the Firefox App, or in the Wysiwyg, but when I try and press the Enter key to go to a new line, the cursor goes to the new line, and then jumps back to the current line.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean an app or the browser?

We don't have an app for XF.

3. robart

robart Member

Hi @Brogan,

The Firefox android app - when browsing using the firefox app, the reply box is not allowing me to hit the enter key to get to a new line.

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I would test this on iOS but whenever I launch Firefox it causes my iPhone to reboot...

ozzy47 likes this.
  5. ozzy47

ozzy47 Well-Known Member

Same here Chris, it did not do it when I first installed though.

Chris D likes this.
  6. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

I can confirm this. Firefox 42.0.1 on Lollipop (Android 5).

Upon pressing enter after entering some text, cursor goes to next line and then jumps back to previous line.

In addition, if you tap the screen to move the cursor down after pressing enter a few times, the cursor does go to the spot where you tapped. However, as soon as you start typing, the cursor jumps back to the last line with text.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  7. bt012ss

bt012ss Well-Known Member

The same for me.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The RTE was actually already supposed to be disabled for FF for Android due to a different issue (which doesn't appear to be an issue any longer), but this was being superseded by another, more general check.

I've taken out the JS involvement when creating a line break and FF on Android still seems to have issues inserting the break. It does actually do the insertion and even puts the cursor in the correct position (it's in the correct position when keyup runs), but then it seems to get moved back. In some cases, this even happens when backspacing.

It happens in multiple other RTEs as well, so I think this is an FF bug. We have re-disabled the RTE in this situation now though.