Finally Updated from 1.5

Amphicar770

OK, I held off as long as I could but finally updated to 2.x. I was seriously considering flipping over to IPB, glad I held off.

On a plus note, the install process was basically seamless. had a slight problem wit media gallery, quickly resolved.

Lost almost all of my add-ons and themes. I think I am going to stick with vanilla XF as themes get to be a pain to maintain. It is pretty clean and friendly.

My biggest loss is the old BD_Mail add-on which would send complete messages, as they were posted, to those who opted in. A daily or weekly digest is not the same. The other is the various anti-spam add-ons. Within hours after upgrade I had a spam posting. Ugh.

I have to give kudos to Andy. I subscribed to his big toy box of add-ons and have installed a bunch of those. Other than than, trying to keep it limited. I run a not for profit site so paying $50+ a year for a single add-on is not sustainable.

While I am sure the framework is much improved, as are some of the admin features, I do not see a lot of new goodies for the average user. Hopefully, now that the foundation has been reset, some of that comes along.

Last edited:
Your title and opening line are contradictory - from and to - did you upgrade from 1.5 to 2.x or from an older 1.x version to 1.5?

Top Bottom