Finally a promising Classified Plugin for Xenforo maybe in the works?

surfsup

What I am most excited about this plugin from , Enthusify: http://enthusify.com/ is that you can set a certain % per usergroup per sale. So instead of just charging people a flat fee, use a %. Our forum currently uses Photopost which I hate and sucks for integration. I do like Digitpoints Marketplace but im looking for something different for allowing people to sell items.

I have been doing a ton of research and came to a conclusion and would love to hear you guys thoughts. Cause many of us designate a subforum or multiple subforums for classifieds activity on our sites. However that approach aften falls short of serving and protecting our members. Furthermore, it can end up costing us time as we get sucked into dispute resolution. I tripped across an interesting company, Enthusify, that converts forums' classified sections into transactional marketplaces. Enthusify made a vBulletin plugin that allows members of a forum to buy and sell right on site. Through a subset of externally hosted pages, the plugin provides a PCI (payment card industry) compliant payment processing solution. And, Enthusify handles customer service and dispute resolution for marketplace transactions. I have had a couple rounds of back and forth with the Enthusify team and I asked them to develop a XenForo plugin that provides many of the same bells and whistles they built for vBulletin (like permission controls at the user group level). Are folks here interested in a plugin like this? Does anyone here have any interest in chipping in a little money to help get this plugin built? I should mention that Enthusify's vBulletin plugin optionally allows a forum owner to implement a "final value fee" to monetize the marketplace. That feature is optional. Enthusify is working on a feature that would optionally allow a forum owner to collect a "listing fee." Who is interested in a plugin like this for XenForo? What would you want the plugin to do? I'll ping my contact at Enthusify to monitor this thread so that he can respond to any questions folks have about the existing capabilities.

enthusify.cart.for.marketplace.webp

Looks good .. hopefully they make a xenForo version soon.

Revenue Share For Partners : We Pay You

The Enthusify classified plug-in is free. There are no listing fees and there is no charge to forum owners for installation or ongoing support. Additionally, as a forum owner, you have the option to specify a percentage fee that you’d like to receive from every successful transaction in your marketplace. We’ll collect that transaction fee for you and transfer it to you regularly. Ready to start generating revenue for your site? We are currently accepting Beta Partner applications.

Q: what percent do they want ?

Hi! Chad here from Enthusify. Surfsup just let me know that he posted a thread here and asked me to help answer members' questions.

Q: what percent do they want ?

At present, sellers can choose to use Enthusify to collect, verify, and transfer a buyer's payment OR sellers can choose to collect payment on their own.

If a seller chooses Enthusify, then Enthusify charges a 3% final value fee. Most of that fee goes toward covering credit card interchange fees. You can optionally add your own final value fee customized to the user group level. Let's imagine you want to add a 0.5% fee, here is a sample transaction:

A buyer buys an item for $300.
The seller receives $289.50.
You get: $1.50.

Hi! Chad here from Enthusify. Surfsup just let me know that he posted a thread here and asked me to help answer members' questions..

Hello and welcome.

Would your system be usable for virtual items? I.e. there is no actual monies being paid, and no real life goods are transfered. Instead, things take place within a virtual world (game). What about users buying virtual goods with real money? What kind of payment systems/vendors do you support? What about users paying through their mobiles?

We run a few gaming forums, and are interested in a classifieds system if it would be able to cater to virtual items.

Sorry, both the Privacy and Terms of Use conditions for enthusify are far too invasive and loose for me to allow upon my userbase. It would be in direct violation of my sites privacy/terms to start with. Examples: (bold emphasis added by me, underline is my interpretation)
  • we may use third-parties to operate certain portions of our Website and other services. All information collected from you may be shared with such third-parties. (We will provide anyone we feel like with any information we have about you)
  • We may use your Personally Identifiable Information to ... viii) provide you with information about third-party products or services (We will spam you about any products)
  • We may disclose to certain companies or businesses with whom we may have formed a strategic alliance, or with approved third-parties (“Affiliated Companies”), your Personally Identifiable Information, including information such as your name, address and email address. (Confirming we will provide anyone we feel like with your personal details)
  • From time to time we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with Affiliated Companies in connection with sweepstakes, contests and other promotional offers, including information such as your name, address, and email address. (In case you still missed it, we will share your personal details with anyone we feel like)
Those are BIG red flags for me!

Sorry, both the Privacy and Terms of Use conditions for enthusify are far too invasive and loose for me to allow upon my userbase. It would be in direct violation of my sites privacy/terms to start with. Examples: (bold emphasis added by me, underline is my interpretation)
  • we may use third-parties to operate certain portions of our Website and other services. All information collected from you may be shared with such third-parties. (We will provide anyone we feel like with any information we have about you)
  • We may use your Personally Identifiable Information to ... viii) provide you with information about third-party products or services (We will spam you about any products)
  • We may disclose to certain companies or businesses with whom we may have formed a strategic alliance, or with approved third-parties (“Affiliated Companies”), your Personally Identifiable Information, including information such as your name, address and email address. (Confirming we will provide anyone we feel like with your personal details)
  • From time to time we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with Affiliated Companies in connection with sweepstakes, contests and other promotional offers, including information such as your name, address, and email address. (In case you still missed it, we will share your personal details with anyone we feel like)

Yikes!

And this all seemed like a very awesome solution until 9 minutes ago.. great find!

So board owners get paid a percentage based on the sales done via your payment processor? (If set up that way)

Yes. Right now that is the one way a forum owner can optionally make money via the plugin.

We are also working on a listing fee option. We are also working on promotional options (boost listing to top, create a display ad for the listing, feature the listing in a widget...)

Would your system be usable for virtual items? I.e. there is no actual monies being paid, and no real life goods are transfered. Instead, things take place within a virtual world (game). What about users buying virtual goods with real money? What kind of payment systems/vendors do you support? What about users paying through their mobiles?

We have had sellers use the system to sell virtual items like "gold" for a game or an eBook.

Enthusify is its own PCI compliant payment processor. We accept Visa, Master Card, and Discover and their international equivalents. We transfer payments to sellers via PayPal, Direct Deposit, and check. The system is fully tested on Andriod and iOS.

I've met some of the Enthusify people at ForumCon 2012. When I say they're a bunch of nice people, believe me when I say so. I don't think they will just share all of your information from top to bottom; more like, they'll share information relevant to the parties stated.

Only relevant information. To improve their marketing efforts. Enthusify's sharing info sounds like they're trying to help other parties reach you folks better.

Hey, CHAD!? *Waves*

Sorry, both the Privacy and Terms of Use conditions for enthusify are far too invasive and loose for me to allow upon my userbase. It would be in direct violation of my sites privacy/terms to start with. Those are BIG red flags for me!

Mouth - Thanks for calling out those sections of the Enthusify Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. We don't do any of those things. Those terms are vestiges from the Policies and Terms we directed our attorney to review in the creation of our Terms. I'll work with our attorney to eliminiate those terms from our policies. We don't do those things today and have no plans to do those things. Therefore we have zero need to maintain those terms. We'll connect with our attorney and get those terms eliminated ASAP. I'll update the thread when the terms get updated.

In the meantime, it would be helpful to hear what features you want. Please share your vision of the attributes of an ideal solution.

I've met some of the Enthusify people at ForumCon 2012. When I say they're a bunch of nice people, believe me when I say so. I don't think they will just share all of your information from top to bottom; more like, they'll share information relevant to the parties stated. Only relevant information. To improve their marketing efforts. Enthusify's sharing info sounds like they're trying to help other parties reach you folks better. Hey, CHAD!? *Waves*

Hi Carlos! Thanks for your kind words. To expand on your point, we are always experimenting - with our partner's permission and with seller's opting into any tests we are running - to help improve liquidity in our partners' marketplaces. Liquidity means that sellers have a higher likely hood to sell and buyers have a higher likelihood to find what they are seeking.

Mouth - Thanks for calling out those sections of the Enthusify Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. We don't do any of those things. Those terms are vestiges from the Policies and Terms we directed our attorney to review in the creation of our Terms. I'll work with our attorney to eliminiate those terms from our policies. We don't do those things today and have no plans to do those things. Therefore we have zero need to maintain those terms. We'll connect with our attorney and get those terms eliminated ASAP. I'll update the thread when the terms get updated.
Why are you worried about it? Actually, I feel comfortable if you just spell it out what you collect, and what you don't. I'm not sure what mouth is worried about. It's just a legal line to save your @$$ in case lawsuits happen, or when a customer doesn't feel comfortable using the service.

Because at some point, you'll have to appeal to the greater community of classified folks - by using say... PayPal, Bitcoin, Google Checkout, and whatnot.

Top Bottom