Lack of interest Filter by Deleted or Locked Threads

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Orit

I'm putting this up for voting again as I think this is an option which is much needed by moderators:
(adding I'd like to be able to filter by locked threads too!)

It would be helpful for moderators / administrators to be able to filter nodes for deleted threads to review them and or allow administrators to bulk permanently delete them.

Such as option is missing:

1595978674867.png

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As I think this is an option which is much needed by moderators
Sorry mate, but I think you might be wrong in that assumption.

I've been managing forums (as Moderator and Admin) for almost 20 years but I never missed an option to filter for deleted or locked threads.

Normally I'd say locked and deleted threads are "gone for good" and there is no need to take a look at them again.
In the odd case taht I'd need to look at a deleted or locked thread again it's usually a specific thread that can eaisly by found by searching for it.

In which situation do you think such a feature would be useful for you?

I never missed an option to filter for deleted or locked threads.
Our moderators do find it essential :)

We have a very active board and sometimes threads get out of hand and users need to cool down, so locking the thread temporarily is a good thing.

Since it's a very active board, it's not always so easy to find the locked thread after it goes down...

So yeah, I do think it's a convenient filter to have.
And our moderator really do need it...

Bingo! Create it as a sub-forum of your Mod forum. I don't think that's an alternative I think that is using a SF in a way that fits what it was designed for since it uses Batch Update Threads architecture.

I'd like this too. But for the time being, a decent alternative could be to use the "Search Forum" node type to create a list of all deleted and/or locked threads.
This is a great solution!
I am not keen to do this for each forum, as we have many, many forums as it is (and I don't feel like adding another for each category...)

I've done it for one specific forum, but still think the option to filter by deleted/locked threads would be much simpler...
EDIT: Especially as I needed to create 2 "Search Forums": One for deleted threads, the other for locked. I couldn't get them both into one forum, without listing all the rest...

Last edited:
@AndyB recently added the following add-on:
It does exactly what I needed.

@AndyB always comes through.
I guess if you purchase some addons from his website. I have been trying to get a response from him in about a month now and nothing. I'm thinking maybe he's had a motorcycle accident and out of commission. Not like him to not respond.

Top Bottom