1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 file uploads error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by router, Sep 9, 2013.

1. router

router Member

after avatar and attachment had uploaded i always encountered problems with m and s files.this two files of option are 0600 . data and internal_data's option are 777 . how can we solve this problems
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You need to chmod -r the directory.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

4. router

router Member

chmod -R 777 data
    chmod -R 777 internal_data

when i used this two codes my problems solved but when i upload new avatars or attachments this problems started

@Mike this code added by me but dont change anything
  5. Mike

You need to talk to your host about changing the default "umask" for files created by PHP then.
  6. router

router Member

my umask settings

if [ $UID -gt 199 ] && [ "`id -gn`" = "`id -un`" ]; then
        umask 002
        umask 022
    whats wrong ?
  7. router

router Member

i found this problem's source and solved this problem.

this problemlem's source disable_functions.

which functions are the problems ?

system,dl,passthru,exec,shell_exec,popen,proc_clos e,proc_get_status,proc_nice,proc_open,allow_url_fo pen,chown,chgrp,escapeshellcmd,escapeshellarg,show _source,posix_mkfifo,set_time_limit,mysql_list_dbs ,get_current_user,getmyuid,pconnect,link,symlink,p cntl_exec,ini_alter,parse_ini_file,chmod,pfsockope n,leak,apache_child_terminate,posix_kill,posix_set pgid,posix_setsid,posix_setuid,proc_terminate,sysl og,fpassthru,stream_select,socket_select,socket_cr eate,socket_create_listen,socket_create_pair,socke t_listen,socket_accept,socket_bind,socket_strerror ,pcntl_fork,pcntl_signal,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wexit status,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wif stopped,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_wtermsig,openlog,apac he_get_modules,apache_get_version,apache_getenv,ap ache_note,apache_setenv,virtual
  8. Mike

Strictly speaking, all of them can cause problems. Disabling any functions in PHP is really an exercise in futility. Any host that disables functions should not be used... Some of the disabled functions are just laughable (parse_ini_file?).