1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few questions. Templates confusing me.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by karoshio, Nov 3, 2011.

1. karoshio

karoshio Active Member

I can't figure out certain things with the template system as I haven't used XenForo in a while now so having a bit of a dumb moment.

If anyone can tell me everything I need to edit for changing the following:

-backgrounds of side modules
    -the entire forum list(changing shape of the top bar, adding border around everything, etc)
    -header shape/size
    -Shape of navigation tab

I just need to know the files to edit, not how to do it all.

2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Sidebar Blocks:

.sidebar .section .secondaryContent

For the header and footnote, you can edit those in: Style Properties > Sidebar > Block Heading / Block Footnote

Forum Listing:

Need to know more of what you want to do...

If you want a border around the whole section, you can modify the .nodeList .category class in extra.css, otherwise you can play around with the Style Properties > Node List settings.

Header:

Style Properties > Header and Navigation

Navigation:

Style Properties > Header and Navigation > Navigation Tab

It would help if you could be more specific on what you want to do, that way if its not possible outside of the style properties I can help you with the actual CSS.

3. karoshio

karoshio Active Member

Thanks, I'll see how far that gets me.

It doesn't matter if it's outside of the properties, I know how to style quite well, it was more where do I actually put it. I tried a few things earlier but no changes occurred. I will report back soon.