A few questions

Tony-OH

Hello, I'm considered moving my vbulletin board which is at ver 4.2.3 to Xenforo or a competitor and I was wondering if you could answer a few questions i have. I have been playing with the demo so i have some feel for you admin and moderation but still have some open questions.

1) When you import from vbulletin, what comes over? Rep? subscriptions? avatars? post counts?

2) I'm very interested in the ability to place ads. i currently use a right bar down the side for 300x250 ads, are we able to do that? If not, is there somewhere where I can see an example of where ads can be placed. I tried adding one to my test but it didn't come up. I know it says you can add code anywhere, but is it easy to do?

3) Do I have to add ads to every different type of page or are things global?

4) Is it easy to install the up and down voting for posts? I wasn't able to find that option?

5) Are there addons to show who has most rep overall, in a month, a week? I want to be able to show the users who made the most posts and who got the most rep/likes.

6) If i add ads into the html, when we upgrade to the next patch or version, will it import or will I have to redo the ads?

7) Do you allow for subscriptions through pay pay that would enable your members to access a protected forum or gain extra privileges?

1) When you import from vbulletin, what comes over? Rep? subscriptions? avatars? post counts?
The screenshot in the FAQ lists what is imported: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

2) I'm very interested in the ability to place ads. i currently use a right bar down the side for 300x250 ads, are we able to do that?
There are built in ad_* templates specifically for that purpose and additionally, any template can be edited as you wish.

3) Do I have to add ads to every different type of page or are things global?
Both are possible - you can add stuff to templates so it displays on all pages, add it to a specific page, or use conditional statements to show different stuff in each forum, for example.

4) Is it easy to install the up and down voting for posts? I wasn't able to find that option?

5) Are there addons to show who has most rep overall, in a month, a week?
There may be add-ons for those - you would have to check the resources.

6) If i add ads into the html, when we upgrade to the next patch or version, will it import or will I have to redo the ads?
No, edited templates are not automatically overwritten and ad_* templates are never updated.

7) Do you allow for subscriptions through pay pay that would enable your members to access a protected forum or gain extra privileges?
Yes, that is built in.

Top Bottom