1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FetchApp - How many use it and does anyone have issues with it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CrispinP, Jul 24, 2016.

1. CrispinP

CrispinP Active Member

I have tried using FetchApp a few times to sell my add-ons from this site (Xenfro.com).
    It never works. FetchApp support cannot figure it out.

I've gone through two accounts (different emails, same PP) with them and their last suggestion is to delete my second account and try a third. I cannot see this helping

I have a resource (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-map.5188/) which has a link (https://crispin.fetchapp.com/sell/2dcdd745) to PP.
    Clicking on this successfully redirects you to PP and you pay.
    I see the emails from PP for the purchase.
    FetchApp though do not log the transaction and it's invisible to them. As such, the purchaser receives no email.

They're stumped - I'm stumped.

Anyone else use it without a problem?

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Do you have IPN's enabled on your account?

I haven't used FetchApp in years (not since I switched to my own XF add-on, then to @Chris D's Xen Product Manager), but that sounds like the most likely culprit.

3. CrispinP

CrispinP Active Member

Good shout, I'd not thought to check that.

Ipn is not enabled on my account but I can't find anywhere in fetchapp that it says it needs to be. I'll ask them anyway for confirmation.

I've looked at the product manager and it's not close enough to my needs to warrant a purchase just yet so I need to soldier on with fetchapp...
  4. mcatze

mcatze Well-Known Member

5. CrispinP

CrispinP Active Member

thanks. I might give them a try. They're a bit on the pricey side though. I suppose, if it works it works...
    mcatze likes this.
  6. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I use fetchapp... and it sucks. It's cheap and easy, but half the time their email servers break. So I send out an update and people start complaining that they haven't been emailed the update. I can't do anything except wait 3 days for them to fix the issue.

The 2% transaction fee, with $15 a month... in addition to the paypal fees... just make Selfy look like a ripoff.
  7. CrispinP

CrispinP Active Member

That's what I thought. I can accept the % fee on the free version but the % fee + monthly fee... Not even PayPal are that harsh.

I'm going to try once more with fetchapp. But like they say - you gets what you pays for. :)
  8. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member