Feel like I'm running in the dark..

Big Dan

Howdy Folks,

I feel like I'm running in the dark with no email notices of a reported post. I didn't realize how much that feature meant to me. When running vB, I had an email filter setup that forwarded reported posts to my cell phone.

No email notice of new members is another thing that helped me nab obvious spammers (spammy names or email addresses) before they could confirm their account.

Just expressing some thoughts here I really do like XF and enjoy using it but these are must have features, IMHO.

-Dan

Howdy Folks,

I feel like I'm running in the dark with no email notices of a reported post. I didn't realize how much that feature meant to me. When running vB, I had an email filter setup that forwarded reported posts to my cell phone.

No email notice of new members is another thing that helped me nab obvious spammers (spammy names or email addresses) before they could confirm their account.

Just expressing some thoughts here I really do like XF and enjoy using it but these are must have features, IMHO.

-Dan
For notifications for new registrations, you may want to look at: http://ragtek.org/xenforo/threads/new-user-notification-system-1-1.230/

I haven't seen any add-on for reported posts though. I do agree, these should be part of XenForo by now.

100% agree Big Dan. It's not always easy or convenient to log in all day and check for reported content, the vB emails to admin and all mods were brilliant because we usually covered 24/7 between us and the emails got attention very quickly. Really surprised it was not included in the core or as an add-on.

I've turned the above tutorial into an add-on to use at sites I work on.

You're all welcome to it

install same as all other addons

contents of/library/ to your /library/ folder
and install the xml via admincp

I've turned the above tutorial into an add-on to use at sites I work on.

You're all welcome to it

install same as all other addons

contents of/library/ to your /library/ folder
and install the xml via admincp
Brilliant! (y)

You ought to submit this in the Resource Manager as a resource, so all can benefit from it. :)

Top Bottom