1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel like I'm running in the dark..

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Big Dan, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

Howdy Folks,

I feel like I'm running in the dark with no email notices of a reported post. I didn't realize how much that feature meant to me. When running vB, I had an email filter setup that forwarded reported posts to my cell phone.

No email notice of new members is another thing that helped me nab obvious spammers (spammy names or email addresses) before they could confirm their account.

Just expressing some thoughts here I really do like XF and enjoy using it but these are must have features, IMHO.

petertdavis, dieketzer, Lost and 5 others like this.
  2. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Yeah, I suspect that is going to be the first mod I do as we also rely on them a bit too.
  3. Saeed

Saeed Well-Known Member

For notifications for new registrations, you may want to look at: http://ragtek.org/xenforo/threads/new-user-notification-system-1-1.230/

I haven't seen any add-on for reported posts though. I do agree, these should be part of XenForo by now.
    Big Dan likes this.
  4. steel_curtain

steel_curtain Well-Known Member

Brandon Sheley and Big Dan like this.
  5. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

Thanks Saeed and Steel. I'll look at both over the weekend.
  6. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

100% agree Big Dan. It's not always easy or convenient to log in all day and check for reported content, the vB emails to admin and all mods were brilliant because we usually covered 24/7 between us and the emails got attention very quickly. Really surprised it was not included in the core or as an add-on.
    Big Dan likes this.
  7. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

8. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

I've turned the above tutorial into an add-on to use at sites I work on.

You're all welcome to it

install same as all other addons

contents of/library/ to your /library/ folder
    and install the xml via admincp
    ArnyVee and Saeed like this.
  9. Saeed

Saeed Well-Known Member

Brilliant! (y)

You ought to submit this in the Resource Manager as a resource, so all can benefit from it. :)
  10. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

11. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

Awesome Richard. Installing shortly.