Feedback on InMotion Hosting

iEagle

Hi,

I am about to start up a forum and am hunting for a hosting service. Could any kind souls provide me some feedback on InMotion Hosting.

Saw some reviews online about them but I am not 100% sure if these reviews are legit as they seems to be part of some marketing gimmicks.

Would be grateful if anyone could suggest some good hosting service as well.

As I am just starting up the forum hence would be going for a Shared Hosting to start off with and from there would go for VPS when traffic starts to pick up.

For a start, I am having a budget of not more than $15/month on shared hosting.

Thank you.

As a company we can't recommend any particular hosts as we are not affiliated with any of them. All I can say is I'm aware that some of our customers have used them before.

Your tactic of starting with a shared host before moving up to a VPS is sensible.

You should be able to find someone within your budget. There are likely various discussions on this site about who are good and reliable hosts and there's likely even more impartial reviews on web hosting related sites and admin forums.

As a former customer of InMotion hosting a few years ago, I've never had any problems with them. I switched because the promotion price ended.

Not including Let's Encrypt support is a deal breaker for me though.

Thanks Chris and tyteen for your responses.

I have been looking up some comparison information on InMotion and TMD Hosting over the past 24 hours and I probably would be leaning towards InMotion simply because it appears that InMotion is much more establish…. Not to mentioned I had some connection issues with TMD's own website yesterday :)

Thanks Chris and tyteen for your responses.

I have been looking up some comparison information on InMotion and TMD Hosting over the past 24 hours and I probably would be leaning towards InMotion simply because it appears that InMotion is much more establish…. Not to mentioned I had some connection issues with TMD's own website yesterday :)

If you do opt to go with them, be sure to report back on how things go a few months down the line :).

Other than that, your requirements seem fairly basic (a new forum) so most hosts should be able to accommodate. You'd just want to compare the areas where some hosts really lack (performance/network, customer support etc). This forum has a few hosts which offer services for XenForo.

Top Bottom