Features I don't like in xenForo

I don't like my avatar to show beside the reply box at the bottom of a page. I keep thinking that it's another post or the thread is finished.

If it's kept, then at least move the pagination links above the replybox.

you mean like when typing, you see the text appear ?
I mean like the same thing you see in the Title-field when writing a new thread ?
No, I meant that when you click "Post Reply", the Reply box would transform into the actual post. Like the TinyMCE interface would go away, the username and title would drop down beneath the avatar, the buttons would disappear, your signature would appear below the post content, etc. Basically the content stays in place and the quick reply box transforms/fades into the actual post. :)

Ok WTF. Can someone point to me where post http://xenforo.com/community/posts/31610/ is? Apparently, according to alerts, it is in this thread.

I deleted my post before or after Eriksrocks quoted it.
Eriksrocks quoted my comment, but in the meantime I deleted my comment.

So this gives an error-message "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Would be better to change the text of the error-message to someting like "this post has been deleted" or better yet: "you can not quote this post anymore, because its content has been deleted".

So this gives an error-message "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Would be better to change the text of the error-message to someting like "this post has been deleted" or better yet: "you can not quote this post anymore, because its content has been deleted".

gaaah. :/ ok

I do not like the facebook-integration at all
Facebook, wer-kennt-wen (a german social network) etc. stole away traffic and interest from a lot of bulletin boards i used to read and post in. So it has a kind of a suicide-feeling to me to have Facebook-integration.

;)

I agree ... any outside link to the big 3 ... Facebook, YouTube, Twitter has to be designed to bring traffic and more users INTO your forum and not the other way around. :confused:

Eriksrocks quoted my comment, but in the meantime I deleted my comment.

Yeah. I keep thinking I'm going mad :o

Forum description in a mouseover popup. Not very userfriendly for every site... I want my users to see what the forums are about immediately. Now with this mouseover popup, people are forced to mouseover on every single forumtitle to learn what the forums is about. Really, it might look cool/modern, but the usability suffers
I second. The permanent mouse-over-popup with flickering somewhat superfluous optics, if you click quickly onto a forum-link, is not the best option for me. I´d like to have an option to decide, wether the form-description pops up or occurs as a persistent text beneath the forum-title (as designed for the categories).

Then it is a clear usability problem. Again, you have to make usibility for the masses and that means a common sense approach and also listening to the majority (of users too of course), not the minority
I think it´s challenging or even impossible to get a valid worth for the "majority" of forum-users worldwide. At least the majority here shouldn´t be taken generalisable for the population IMO.

Top Bottom