Implemented Featured Resources looks empty

erich37

Featured Resources looks empty when viewing on my 24-inch screen.

It would look much better if there were 5 "Featured Resources" instead of just 4 boxes.
Also, it would look nicer if there would be more space between each of these boxes.

featured_empty.webp

featured_empty2.gif

:)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
FWIW, I think browsing at 1920 wide is a complete waste and actually reduces readability due to extremely long line lengths.

I have taken the number of featured resources up to potentially handle this case though, as I don't think it's that uncommon...

FWIW, I think browsing at 1920 wide is a complete waste and actually reduces readability due to extremely long line lengths.

I have taken the number of featured resources up to potentially handle this case though, as I don't think it's that uncommon...

Not everyone has their pagewidth set at 100%, I wouldn't say the following reduces readability.
Screenshot_47.webp
Screenshot_48.webp

Not everyone has their pagewidth set at 100%, I wouldn't say the following reduces readability.
View attachment 59748
View attachment 59749
I think it depends on the content. Personally, I feel it reduces the readability if there's light content with associated information (ie, resource information) floated to the opposite side of the text), but for large blocks of text I think its fine. But, that doesn't stop me from using browsers full width most of the time.

@Shelley Gotta love a Dell U2713H factory calibrated monitor :) about to order my second one to replace my Samsung, the difference in colours is just incredible!

@Shelley Gotta love a Dell U2713H factory calibrated monitor :) about to order my second one to replace my Samsung, the difference in colours is just incredible!

Order me two of those. :p I'm still using x2 samsung 25" models but could do with going to a higher resolution to gain more space in photoshop. 1920 just doesn't cut it nowadays.

Order me two of those. :p I'm still using x2 samsung 25" models but could do with going to a higher resolution to gain more space in photoshop. 1920 just doesn't cut it nowadays.
Tell you what, I used cheap monitors for years and years, finally I was introduced to a decent monitor by a friend. OMG, the difference is like day vs night. This monitor is just incredible and is worth the money spent, I view sites/images on both and the Samsung is just crap in comparison.

Tell you what, I used cheap monitors for years and years, finally I was introduced to a decent monitor by a friend. OMG, the difference is like day vs night. This monitor is just incredible and is worth the money spent, I view sites/images on both and the Samsung is just crap in comparison.

I always thought samsung's were good solid monitors especially for the crispy display but willing to be converted. I have no doubt the dell is much better in comparison than them since I know a few people that use them and have raved about them. Out of curiosity, how much are they going for and where are you purchasing yours from I might check them out.

I always thought samsung's were good solid monitors especially for the crispy display but willing to be converted. I have no doubt the dell is much better in comparison than them since I know a few people that use them and have raved about them. Out of curiosity, how much are they going for and where are you purchasing yours from I might check them out.
I bought my first one from Ebuyer. Here is the blurb from Dell.

Overclockers are doing some good deals on that brand. Alot less expensive than directly from Dell, very tempted in ordering two of them.
Do it, they are superb monitors and you get a calibration sheet about your monitor. The difference is mind blowing.

Top Bottom