1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Featured Resources looks empty

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by erich37, Oct 20, 2013.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

Featured Resources looks empty when viewing on my 24-inch screen.

It would look much better if there were 5 "Featured Resources" instead of just 4 boxes.
    Also, it would look nicer if there would be more space between each of these boxes.

featured_empty.jpg

featured_empty2.gif

:)

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

FWIW, I think browsing at 1920 wide is a complete waste and actually reduces readability due to extremely long line lengths.

I have taken the number of featured resources up to potentially handle this case though, as I don't think it's that uncommon...

3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Not everyone has their pagewidth set at 100%, I wouldn't say the following reduces readability.
    Screenshot_47.png
    Screenshot_48.png

4. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

I use a resolution of 2560 x 1440 and the resource manager looks like this:

xenforo.png

Digital Doctor and Shelley like this.
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I think it depends on the content. Personally, I feel it reduces the readability if there's light content with associated information (ie, resource information) floated to the opposite side of the text), but for large blocks of text I think its fine. But, that doesn't stop me from using browsers full width most of the time.

6. Shelley

It depends on a number of factors one I just posted above.

:eek:

7. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

@Shelley Gotta love a Dell U2713H factory calibrated monitor :) about to order my second one to replace my Samsung, the difference in colours is just incredible!

Shelley likes this.
  8. Shelley

Order me two of those. :p I'm still using x2 samsung 25" models but could do with going to a higher resolution to gain more space in photoshop. 1920 just doesn't cut it nowadays.

9. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Tell you what, I used cheap monitors for years and years, finally I was introduced to a decent monitor by a friend. OMG, the difference is like day vs night. This monitor is just incredible and is worth the money spent, I view sites/images on both and the Samsung is just crap in comparison.

10. Shelley

I always thought samsung's were good solid monitors especially for the crispy display but willing to be converted. I have no doubt the dell is much better in comparison than them since I know a few people that use them and have raved about them. Out of curiosity, how much are they going for and where are you purchasing yours from I might check them out.

11. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

I bought my first one from Ebuyer. Here is the blurb from Dell.

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Best monitor I ever had was a Dell UltraSharp.

Most expensive too.

Deebs likes this.
  13. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking of buying a smaller monitor.... just to get rid of the empty space at "Featured Resources" :p:D;)

14. Shelley

Overclockers are doing some good deals on that brand. Alot less expensive than directly from Dell, very tempted in ordering two of them.

15. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Do it, they are superb monitors and you get a calibration sheet about your monitor. The difference is mind blowing.

16. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can always just use the XenVetana style @erich37

17. Shelley

18. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

That looks weird.

@Shelley - yours still looks empty.
    shelley.notices.for.filling.up.jpg