Feature list for 1.2

Yep on a whiteboard in Kiers house :D

I guess it's funny, and I like to laugh as much as the next guy. It's just that knowing what's on the boards helps to plan what I'll implement myself, as add-ons, or what I'll wait for.

I guess it's funny, and I like to laugh as much as the next guy. It's just that knowing what's on the boards helps to plan what I'll implement myself, as add-ons, or what I'll wait for.

It's only 18 days since final release of 1.1, and you expecting a list of features of 1.2?

A unrealistic thing to happen, despite work on Resource Manager, Search and fixing bugs in current release.

This same point was raised when 1.1 was being developed, and the XF team refused to release a roadmap. I don't see that changing. If you want to know what's being developed, look around the forums.

This same point was raised when 1.1 was being developed, and the XF team refused to release a roadmap. I don't see that changing. If you want to know what's being developed, look around the forums.

Well, that seems like an inexact (and time consuming) science. I wouldn't know what to believe is accurate even if I found something. But okay, thanks.

Well, that seems like an inexact (and time consuming) science. I wouldn't know what to believe is accurate even if I found something. But okay, thanks.
Generally, you shouldn't believe anything unless confirmed by Kier/Mike. They generally state that something is expected to be released by the next version.

I expect Mike and Kier will be taking a week or two to take stock, look through the (probably rather long) to-do list and suggestions from us users, and then will give us a heads-up once they have a firm idea of what they're going to work on.

They're very good at letting us know once things are definite, and sensibly cautious enough not to hint too strongly at things that may not make it into the build in a near timeframe.

Give it a few weeks and let's see if we get word from them? They're both very open and happy to talk about stuff so if there's anything specific you need or is holding you back it wouldn't hurt to ask - they may be able to confirm or at least add it to their list of features to consider for development.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

as far as I know they are working now on
  • Mobile Style
  • Resource Manger
  • Big-Board Search
  • Improving the importer
their focus is on the forum software, so don't expect a gallery or CMS any soon.
Again what do I know! I am just a member o_O

My biggest gripe with XF and really my only serious one is how the timeout function hits me.
I timeout - but NOTHING CHANGES on the page.
So I don't know it's happened. I return to the page after a phone call, or I finish writing/ coding on it, but when I press to post or whatever I get that nasty overlay saying I'm logged out.
That';s it. No link to log back in. The procedure is then a MESS.

I then have to fiddle around -
- first exiting that ruddy overlay to get rid of it only to see the page peacefully displaying my name as LOGGED IN
- then exasperatingly I have to click Log out - when I've jus been told I'm logged out! How against intuition is that - it does my head in!
- Then I click to log in.
- Then I put in my usernamr and password and log in
- THEN I usually have to navigate back to where I was
- and having got crashed by this runaround before I have Copied what I was doing before so I can re-do it.

CRIPES!
Truly awful and totally unlike the rest of XF
plus it happens several times a day. You want people to stay around? but when we do you torture us!

I would like please
- message appears on the page "You have logged out due to no action from you for X minutes." timeout notice. (Be nice to know how long too)
- with a link to log in which goes straight to the form
- logging in returns me to where i was with any text/ attachment/ code I added still there.

My biggest gripe with XF and really my only serious one is how the timeout function hits me.
I timeout - but NOTHING CHANGES on the page.
So I don't know it's happened. I return to the page after a phone call, or I finish writing/ coding on it, but when I press to post or whatever I get that nasty overlay saying I'm logged out.
That';s it. No link to log back in. The procedure is then a MESS.

I then have to fiddle around -
- first exiting that ruddy overlay to get rid of it only to see the page peacefully displaying my name as LOGGED IN
- then exasperatingly I have to click Log out - when I've jus been told I'm logged out! How against intuition is that - it does my head in!
- Then I click to log in.
- Then I put in my usernamr and password and log in
- THEN I usually have to navigate back to where I was
- and having got crashed by this runaround before I have Copied what I was doing before so I can re-do it.

CRIPES!
Truly awful and totally unlike the rest of XF
plus it happens several times a day. You want people to stay around? but when we do you torture us!

I would like please
- message appears on the page "You have logged out due to no action from you for X minutes." timeout notice. (Be nice to know how long too)
- with a link to log in which goes straight to the form
- logging in returns me to where i was with any text/ attachment/ code I added still there.

I wouldn't refer this to being torturous. If your away for a long period you just have to remember to log back in, it'll save all your work since the last save you clicked save so you haven't lost anything. I've done this many times, I just get distracted or I'll wander off and do something in photoshop coming back 30minutes or so later and get a time out (whatever it is) and simply log in again.

I agree with you though it would be nice to go back to your original location/template but again navigating back is a few clicks away and it's really not a torturous experience.

You want to endure torturous I advise you to heavily modify multiple notices, displayed in the same location so they appear correctly without spacing issues and loads of whitespace showing. That's torturous.

It would be nice to be able to vote on feature requests like how you can over at http://www.uservoice.com they have a popularity mechanism to rank items.

First and foremost, if you like the suggestion that a person has made, like the post. If you have further tweaks to the suggestion, please post them but still like the post.

Suggestions can be sorted by the number of likes the first message has received by using the "thread display options" tab at the bottom of thread list. The number of likes that the first message of a thread has received is "shown" on the thread list by hovering the replies/views cell.

Threads with a large number of likes will bubble up to the top and give us things to focus on. However, please keep in mind that a highly-liked suggestion is not guaranteed to be implemented. There may be technical reasons to not do it or it may not fit in with the goals for the product. We will give our thoughts on as many suggestions as possible.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/guide-to-suggestions.2285/

Top Bottom