1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 FB Open graph error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by vijaichander, Mar 28, 2014.

1. vijaichander

vijaichander Active Member

Hello all,
    All though I have set an image of size 300x250 px as OG image in my installation, I always get someother image found in a thread as OG image. So I thought of debugging the OG in fb tools but I always get a 404 error in the debugging. Dont know whats causing it. Attached is a screenshot of the Open Graph debugger result. Dont know whats causing this. Any help? Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> open_graph_meta

There is the default og:image and an additional "avatar" og:image that is defined by thread pages:

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}">
    	<meta property="og:site_name" content="{$xenOptions.boardTitle}" />
    	<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>
    	<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
    	<meta property="og:type" content="{xen:if $ogType, $ogType, article}" />
    	<meta property="og:url" content="{xen:raw $url}" />
    	<meta property="og:title" content="{xen:raw $title}" />
    	{xen:raw $ogExtraHtml}
    	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><meta property="fb:app_id" content="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}" /></xen:if>
    	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}"><meta property="fb:admins" content="{xen:helper implode, {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}, ','}" /></xen:if>
    </xen:if>

You can remove the "avatar" one if you don't want that.

3. vijaichander

Hello Jake,
    Thanks for your response. I have already set a OG:image in Admin cp->Style Properties->Header and Navigation
    The thing is that, While debugging with fb debugger, I get 404 response for my site url which is this as in the attached image in OP. I think since it couldnt access the site, it takes older cached image. And I couldnt figure out why it gets 404 response while I could access my forum from bowser.

4. vijaichander

Any help on this anyone?