• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

FB FanPage Shoutbox Hybrid Idea

MRaburn

I had an idea and see what you guys think...

We have a rather large board and user engagement is quite scattered around. There is no easy way to communicate to the community on mass and getting them to interact is even more difficult. Here is what I was thinking.

Basically have a way interact the way you would do a fan page on FB, which is essence wound just be a post in a forum of your choosing. But to get them to interact would be nice to have a side widget or top middle that is basically the short version of the post, with some comments underneath (maybe show last 2 and then have a count of total) then a quick reply box like Shoutbox does.

Or have a type of Shoutbox that lets the Admin start the conversation and the user reply.

A perfect example for our users is the 2013 Mustang was introduced this week at the LA Auto Show. If I had this Add On or Feature, I could then start a converstation with our users about "what parts do they like? What parts do you not like?" Then this would be showing as a widget on the Forum Home, or Forum Listings or even posts. I could create instant engagement. If I was to post this JUST in a single Forum on our site, there would be practically no engagement because our community is so diverse in their forum hangouts.

Maybe there is something like this? What you guys think?

Mike

Top Bottom