Favorite Web Browser?

Favorite Browser

• Total voters
The only truly innovative browser :sneaky:.
I happen to agree. I have failed to see any thing "awesome" about chrome as all its users call it and Firefox used to be my favorite but its copying all of Opera's features and frankly Opera does it better. Firefox 4 was recently released and firefox 5 beta is already out. Mozilla is trying too hard to compete with Google and I really think that shouldnt be a goal. The should be the product and its users not how fast you can out update chrome.

D: What about firefox you have to put up with?
Firefox gets clunkier and slower each time it updates. And it seems to update just about every week. Opera is literally the cleanest/fastest web brower I have ever used and I thought that used to he chrome even though I prefer FF > Chrome. Im just a little upset in the direction their going.

Edit: That and Im totally loving xenForo on Opera. It felt very clunky on Chrome and Firefox. Opera + xF is my favorite combo currently.

Actually, I don't have a favorite, only a anti-favorite and it's called Internet Explorer :)

All modern browsers are good and every one has its special advantages and some disadvantages.

Recently, I've learned to like Opera's Dragonfly for debugging stuff - it's a great tool with similar features to Firebug minus the insane memory leaks and browser slowdowns.

Also, Opera's session support is superb for organizing multiple windows and tab stacks are way, way better than the strange Panorama thing in Firefox.

I also like Opera's built-in mail client. Simple, yet powerful and the only IMAP client that flawlessly works out of the box with GMail.

Browser releases numbering have gotten out-of-hand.
I dont understand if your agreeing with the whole updating thing I was talking about. If you are then I totally agree. Theres a bloody new update like every other day. They fix something and break 3 more things. Its just ridiclous. You know what im going to start calling ridiclous things? vBulletin. Hey your hair looks vBulletin today(NOT A vB BASHING THREAD!. But im a vB hater >_>)

Firefox gets clunkier and slower each time it updates. And it seems to update just about every week. Opera is literally the cleanest/fastest web brower I have ever used and I thought that used to he chrome even though I prefer FF > Chrome. Im just a little upset in the direction their going.
It always make me giggle to hear folks talk about browser speeds. Oh Wait! Mine goes 1/8438th faster!! ;)

Joking aside, I love Firefox for all the add-ons. Firebug, Adblock, to name the most important ones.
My Firefox runs entirely from RAMdisk (Firefox Portable from http://portableapps.com), and I don't care that Firefox currently takes up 620MB RAM on my machine, that's what the RAM is there for, I didn't buy it to not use it.

IE8 and IE9 installed (8 in a VM), Chrome (hate it, talk about slow) and that's about it.

It always make me giggle to hear folks talk about browser speeds. Oh Wait! Mine goes 1/8438th faster!! ;)

Joking aside, I love Firefox for all the add-ons. Firebug, Adblock, to name the most important ones.
My Firefox runs entirely from RAMdisk (Firefox Portable from http://portableapps.com), and I don't care that Firefox currently takes up 620MB RAM on my machine, that's what the RAM is there for, I didn't buy it to not use it.

IE8 and IE9 installed (8 in a VM), Chrome (hate it, talk about slow) and that's about it.
Hows the portable firefox? Never had the chance to try it.

I don't actually use it as portable in terms of putting it on USB or whatever. It's just like the normal one. I think what makes it portable is that it's using a profile/temp/cache directory that's local to the install directory rather than the directory location that is normally used depending on which OS you are running. I don't think there are any actual code changes in the portable version.

I don't actually use it as portable in terms of putting it on USB or whatever. It's just like the normal one. I think what makes it portable is that it's using a profile/temp/cache directory that's local to the install directory rather than the directory location that is normally used depending on which OS you are running. I don't think there are any actual code changes in the portable version.
Ah. I learn something new everyday :D!

Top Bottom