Favorite Web Browser?

Favorite Browser

• Total voters
chrome/ mac & windows

i am big fan of firefox 3 but version (4,5,6) are the main reason why i migrate to chrome
i still use firefox 3 sometime (my first love:love:)

I was going to cast my vote but browser functionality seems to be changing a bit lately which leaves me currently unsure on my favourite browser ATM.

But for what it is worth I seem to be switching between both Mac/Safari and Chrome

Firefox v5 & 6 ateleast for me are terrible causing me all sorts of problems. Through the v3 series I was getting huge loads and since v5 and v6 unusual problems with firebug and xenforo popups/overlays hanging, not opening. A nightmare to be honest. Slowly losing faith in firefox even though it's still my primary browser of choice. Not necessarily my favourite.

I noticed this as well Shelley (not just firebug but any complex addon), But since I reinstall my os one a week or every other week I have tried ff6 a few different ways...

Upgrading from ff5, with firebug already installed = Fail
removing addons and reinstalling browser did not help.

Disabling addons in ff5 and updating to ff6 = less problems but not none.

after reinstalling Windows installing ff6 and addons = no issues that I have seen.

I would file a report with them but I don't really know how to put that into a report.

Firefox v5 & 6 ateleast for me are terrible causing me all sorts of problems. Through the v3 series I was getting huge loads and since v5 and v6 unusual problems with firebug and xenforo popups/overlays hanging, not opening. A nightmare to be honest. Slowly losing faith in firefox even though it's still my primary browser of choice. Not necessarily my favourite.

The same here. I don't undestand what they're trying to achive with this version jumps. Add-ons don't work and there are more trouble than there were before.

They did a full version jump as fast as they did this time because of 8 critical vulnerabilities, Some addons take up to a few weeks to get ready for new ff versions...not that it sucks any less when you lose an addon you use everyday.
The extensions.checkCompatibility trick works for most addons. It's the forced version check that makes them incompatible while technically, they would load and work just fine (with a few exceptions).

I have sold out . . . Opera is having lots of Compatibility issues with many sites so I returned to Firefox to discover that it upgraded to 6 and I think it's the worst browser ever. It is constantly crashing and causing me problems so i jumped ship to chrome and I have been sailing ship smoothly ever since.

I have sold out . . . Opera is having lots of Compatibility issues with many sites so I returned to Firefox to discover that it upgraded to 6 and I think it's the worst browser ever. It is constantly crashing and causing me problems so i jumped ship to chrome and I have been sailing ship smoothly ever since.
o_O What sites?

Only issue I had was with Google+, and they've since fixed a few of the issues (Now all they need to support is Docs!).

Top Bottom