XF 1.4 Fatal Memory Error While Trying To Generate Email List

TheBigK

I'm trying to generate a list of people to send email to and whenever I set the criteria and perform a search - I get following error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 79429632) (tried to allocate 85 bytes) in .../library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304

I'm wondering why is the system is maxing out at 79429632 (~79MB)? PHP Memory limit is set to 384 MB.

The error is actually "out of memory" which differs from hitting the memory_limit. It means that PHP couldn't actually allocate memory. It might be because PHP is sitting within a process that limits the amount of usable memory or because the server itself is out of memory. (If the error is consistent and happens at the same/very similar amounts, it may be a process limit.)

@Mike - Should I discuss this with the web hosting guys and ask them to check process limits? Is there anything specific I should ask them to look at? Would appreciate your suggestions.

Yeah, you would likely need to talk to your host. That error comes up when a malloc call fails so it's not something directly triggerable by XF. There could be a ulimit (for memory) applied to the PHP process, but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom