1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Fatal Memory Error While Trying To Generate Email List

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by TheBigK, Oct 7, 2014.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I'm trying to generate a list of people to send email to and whenever I set the criteria and perform a search - I get following error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 79429632) (tried to allocate 85 bytes) in .../library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304

I'm wondering why is the system is maxing out at 79429632 (~79MB)? PHP Memory limit is set to 384 MB.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The error is actually "out of memory" which differs from hitting the memory_limit. It means that PHP couldn't actually allocate memory. It might be because PHP is sitting within a process that limits the amount of usable memory or because the server itself is out of memory. (If the error is consistent and happens at the same/very similar amounts, it may be a process limit.)

3. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

@Mike - Should I discuss this with the web hosting guys and ask them to check process limits? Is there anything specific I should ask them to look at? Would appreciate your suggestions.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah, you would likely need to talk to your host. That error comes up when a malloc call fails so it's not something directly triggerable by XF. There could be a ulimit (for memory) applied to the PHP process, but I'm not sure.