Fatal Error While Installing XenForo

DistortedDorian

Hello, i'm unsure if this is right section, anyway i just punched a Xenforo license and while installing Xenforo on my Windows 7 OS i'm getting Fatal Error (look at picture), i'm using WampServer 2.4.
I have Wamp in Online mode and i downloaded latest version of Xenforo, when i'm trying to reconnect to localhost:8080 i get this error: "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."
What is wrong?

Attachments

• Dwm 2013-10-13 21-56-42-63.webp
    Dwm 2013-10-13 21-56-42-63.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 9
This is not a bug so I have moved the thread.

You will need to tweak the settings to more than 120 seconds, possibly others too.
I had to optimise my XAMPP configuration quite a bit.

It's worth noting that on a "normal" server, this step shouldn't take more than a few seconds. It's creating the necessary parts of the database. It sounds like MySQL may need some optimization locally, or setting the time limit higher.

Actually it looks like that limit is set in the code so I don't think you can change that without editing the code. I had another server today where this step was particularly slow and have made some tweaks for 1.2.3 to help this.

I'm not sure what sort of setup or configuration Wampserver uses. You could potentially try a different bundle (eg, Zend Server: http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/) or setting up MySQL directly. MySQL can be configured via a my.cnf file though this is a fairly advanced procedure.

I'm stuck, i tried add
ini_set('max_execution_time', 500); to my library/config.php, max_execution_time: 90 in my php.ini and
php_value max_execution_time 500 inside of library/.htaccess, these options i add are being reseted when the installation starts, what else can i do?
@Mike
Is Zend Server used for Windows 7?

Yes, you can run it on Windows 7.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any suggestions other than playing with some MySQL settings (as more than 120 seconds for that step is at least an order of magnitude slower than it should be), waiting for 1.2.3 which handles slower table creations more gracefully, or doing the install on a different server.

Yes, you can run it on Windows 7.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any suggestions other than playing with some MySQL settings (as more than 120 seconds for that step is at least an order of magnitude slower than it should be), waiting for 1.2.3 which handles slower table creations more gracefully, or doing the install on a different server.
But exactly where is the option to change the 120 second timeout, is it inside of mysql config, apache, php or somewhere in phpmyadmin?

I mentioned that in a slightly earlier post:
Actually it looks like that limit is set in the code so I don't think you can change that without editing the code.
It's specifically in library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Abstract.php.

Top Bottom