Fixed Fatal Error at signup

Programmer

Hello, everyone!

At signup, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 369744134 bytes) in /home/*******/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(206) : eval()'d code on line 594

Once CAPTCHA is disabled, I don't get the above error but the following:

XenForox - Error
This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

Let me know what needs to be done to get this fixed.

Thanks

Once CAPTCHA is disabled, I don't get the above error but the following:

XenForox - Error
This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

That is probably the result of you trying to directly load the URL of the registration form. You have to go through the initial Log in or Sign up form instead. Or if you are already on the registration page and you want to refresh then be sure to use the refresh button in your browser (as opposed to directly submitting the URL again).

Does CAPTCHA have any effect on the memory error now?

The error appears to have something to do with the templates but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for the reply =]

The memory error only appears when CAPTCHA is enabled and Friendly URLs are disabled.
Once I enabled Friendly URLs, the memory error's gone but I still get the below message:

i received this as well when people try to register with the drop down sign up link. i have yet to figure out why.

I'm waiting for a fix, I assume they're working on it - poked them earlier on Skype.

That is probably the result of you trying to directly load the URL of the registration form. You have to go through the initial Log in or Sign up form instead. Or if you are already on the registration page and you want to refresh then be sure to use the refresh button in your browser (as opposed to directly submitting the URL again).

That's not the problem, the signup/register page just doesn't display.

doesnt work here, still. when logged out - i get the most errors. and mike could reproduce it.

+1 same issue when registering a new account.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 369744134 bytes) in /home/*****/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(206) : eval()'d code on line 594

Did anyone get anywhere with this yet?

EDIT: Seeing Kiers post here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/500-error-on-signup.5051/#post-81817 I tested the Contact Us form as a visitor and it worked perfectly - email received. Still getting the above error on registration though.

2nd EDIT: Interesting...if I click on an attachment and receive the "You must be logged in" error - then subsequently go through to sign-up IT WORKS!
However, it's still showing the error as above when signing up thru the header dropdown method.

Very strange issue :(

However, last night after few hours I dropped the database, put htaccess protection up and uploaded the .zip to the server, unpacked on server and walked through install without errors.

I haven't seen the issue since. so i removed htaccess, went to bed. i woke up - wihtout many msgs that it errors. so i dunno if i got lucky or if it is fixed.

Believe it or not, I just tried the header registration again (with no changes to the boards or backend) and it's now working with no error. :confused:

You guys got lucky then :D

Very strange issue :(

However, last night after few hours I dropped the database, put htaccess protection up and uploaded the .zip to the server, unpacked on server and walked through install without errors.

I haven't seen the issue since. so i removed htaccess, went to bed. i woke up - wihtout many msgs that it errors. so i dunno if i got lucky or if it is fixed.

I'll do what you did and see if that solves the problem :)

There seems to be some evidence that this may be related to the install issues (the timeout: 2000 thing). If it goes away after a reinstall, that is likely the case.

Though I have to admit I'm not sure why...

There seems to be some evidence that this may be related to the install issues (the timeout: 2000 thing). If it goes away after a reinstall, that is likely the case.

Though I have to admit I'm not sure why...

Yes, that's what caused this problem along with others (error when creating new languages)

I just got the "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again." error when I reset my password. Steps: used the Forgot Password form, clicked the link in the email, received new password, updated password. After I updated my password is when the error occurred.

Top Bottom