Fake Activity [Deleted]

Because branding wasn't bug it was suggesting for me important to fixed bug that was reported to you
I think there is a language barrier here. I did not say you had promised a date. However, you did say on October 15th that in the "next release" you will update the footer. You have since released a new version to me and the footer has not been addressed. See your quote below.
Ok i will do this too on next version

Can you answer the question in regards to refund. Are you willing to issue one since this plugin to me is unusable with the copyright blending in with my footer menu?

Are you willing to issue one since this plugin to me is unusable with the copyright blending in with my footer menu?
All clients using it like this way no one have issue but i still respect your suggestions but you will have to wait until next version release.

Thanks

I've had another client contact me and asked that an audit be done of this addon. I'd be careful running this in a production environment.

• The same old problems here:
    • Ignoring XF's code standards
    • Not readable code style and broken formatting
    • Accessing PHP superglobals ($_COOKIE) and using native functions instead of XF engine
    • A lot of code duplicates
    • Weird class namespacing and method naming
  • The add-on is extremely hard-coded, has obvious problems design and logic, and too many performance bottlenecks:
    • Unlimited amount of slow database queries called in templater functions (not only SELECT, also INSERT and UPDATE which is even worse)
    • Slow RAND() function in ORDER clause in select queries (requires a full table scan)
    • The cookies you used to limit updates for online counters and current visitors page are easy to bypass.
  • Absolutely useless usage of renderOption method for add-on options just to display own template (maybe it's more comfortable for you to do it this way, but it's weird)
  • Useless XenBulletins\FakeActivity\XF\Option\Settings option validator: the result is always true
  • Redundant DB transactions usage in XenBulletins\FakeActivity\Licensing\Cron::hourlyCron
  • You used license validation code from @AddonsLab add-ons (with permission, I hope?).
    If not, you forgot to remove the commented out code: XenBulletins\FakeActivity\Licensing\Template
    Code:
    //use AL\FilterFramework\FilterApp;
    $params['ThreadFilterCopyright'] = '';
Please try to get this updated to XF coding standards.

I've had another client contact me and asked that an audit be done of this addon. I'd be careful running this in a production environment.

• Accessing PHP superglobals ($_COOKIE) and using native functions instead of XF engine
  • The add-on is extremely hard-coded, has obvious problems design and logic, and too many performance bottlenecks:
    • Unlimited amount of slow database queries called in templater functions (not only SELECT, also INSERT and UPDATE which is even worse)
    • Slow RAND() function in ORDER clause in select queries (requires a full table scan)
    • The cookies you used to limit updates for online counters and current visitors page are easy to bypass.
  • Absolutely useless usage of renderOption method for add-on options just to display own template (maybe it's more comfortable for you to do it this way, but it's weird)
  • Useless XenBulletins\FakeActivity\XF\Option\Settings option validator: the result is always true
  • Redundant DB transactions usage in XenBulletins\FakeActivity\Licensing\Cron::hourlyCron
  • You used license validation code from @AddonsLab add-ons (with permission, I hope?).
    If not, you forgot to remove the commented out code: XenBulletins\FakeActivity\Licensing\Template
    Code:
If they don't have permission, this would be at least the second time they've used someone else's code in their work.

Code:
Ok thanks but I have changed lot of things too on new version lot of things will be improved on next version even send a version you too you can verify .

Thanks

Hello everyone,

regarding using of our code, @fahad ashraf did not explicitly ask for permission, but when it came to our attention we decided not to report it as we know an older version of our code is committed to GitHub - https://github.com/addonslab/licensing so I assume he used from there. Again, there is no open source license in that repository, it clearly states Licensing module for AddonsLab products so technically it is inappropriate to use that code without getting in touch with us. I hope @fahad ashraf improves his coding skills and does not resort to copying code from other developers again.

Thank you!

Code:

Is this going to be updated to XF coding standards and the stolen code removed?

@fahad ashraf

Time is fast running out on your time here unless we see much less controversy as a result of your contributions here, and a general improvement to the overall quality of your code which is currently, by some margin, falling way short of the expected standards.

Please address the issues raised by @Ozzy47 and others and remove any code from your add-ons that you do/did not have permission to use.

If there is not a reasonable improvement by the end of January then we'll have no choice but to take further action.

The update broke the add -on

Callback XenBulletins\FakeActivity\XF\Option\Settings::verifyOption is invalid (error_invalid_method).

The add-on owner has promised a new version to fix the issue on 1-29-22, very responsive to my request for support.

Code:

The latest release notes:

No particularly positive changes.
You implemented only some minor points from the recommendations: removed superglobals and native calls, renamed some variables and methods, removed useless classes and methods, few unnecessary DB queries and refactored one method.

And I don't see any changes in license check logic. You only removed some hints, but basically nothing has changed.

You should update the addon with the recommendations I posted before. You also need to remove the license check code from all your addons, including the core. You do not have permission to use that license check code. It’s stolen from another developer.

The latest release notes:

No particularly positive changes.
You implemented only some minor points from the recommendations: removed superglobals and native calls, renamed some variables and methods, removed useless classes and methods, few unnecessary DB queries and refactored one method.

And I don't see any changes in license check logic. You only removed some hints, but basically nothing has changed.

You should update the addon with the recommendations I posted before. You also need to remove the license check code from all your addons, including the core. You do not have permission to use that license check code. It’s stolen from another developer.
all duplication removed . now no call from template any query that make its speed low .

and regarding db query now not full table scan . now no core logic i am using core function of xf for cookie that you also mentioned now simple logic .

and regarding licesnse check . you can check his and mine code for license all is different whole logic is change even way of showing branding is different . you need to compare both

It's mostly for show anyway.
No major changes. As said before, the cookie solution is insecure.

The license check has not changed. You just removed license check from cron Job, but it still used in option callback.

Top Bottom