XF 2.1 Failed upgrade - site is currently being upgraded

Dryline

What table do I drop from the database after an upgrade failed to complete? Upgrade to the latest version hung and I need to clear whatever database entry is keeping the forum stuck in the upgrade mode. Is it XF_Update_Job or something similar?

Yes, I went through the normal process and it never completed. It’s showing the latest version in the lower right corner. Anywhere I try to navigate it displays the above message.

No errors but I cannot navigate anywhere to know whether there are errors or not. I’ll do the config file thing after I quickly eat. I just read the upgrades FAQ and nothing there is jumping out at me.

Thanks for holding my hand Brogan! I finally figured it out and solved the issue by renaming the table to xf_upgrade_job to add _old to the end. Then a new table was created and problem solved. I did this once before but I couldn't find the post I used as a reference for the life of me. I appreciate your help.

Good that it's resolved but it's curious that it's happened a couple of times now.
It's definitely not normal.

If it happens again, submit a ticket and we can take a look.

Don't forget to remove the switch from the config file.

Top Bottom