Fact or Public Opinion

Adam Howard

I recently has a long drawn out discussion with a very close friend and we often see things in common. In fact it is very rare for us to disagree, but we seem to have come to an impasse on this subject. So before I tell you were we each stood, it maybe a good idea to see your opinion.

What do you believe is more important to you, but mostly, which do you think at the end of the day matters more; fact or public opinion?

Depends on what you're talking about, I always prefer fact, however in politics public opinion seems to be more important.

Matters more?

Well, perception.....of course! Perception is reality....

As an example, the "truth" may have been that the Romans should not have thrown Christians and others to the lions for entertainment, but I would say that perception and public opinion at the time would be very strongly the other way (except for those in the cages about to be the entertainment)....

Things are really not so different today. Sure, there are many more enlightened people in the world...but, then again, many more sheeple also. You will go crazy if you, in any way, except people to want to know the truth.

As the saying went (a movie?) "You can't handle the truth"......
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Power resides where men believe it resides, it's a trick, a shadow on the wall. And a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Top Bottom