XF 2.0 Facing problem while upgrading

Umar Asari

I am facing some problems during upgrade:
ErrorException: [E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR] Object of class XF\Db\SchemaManager could not be converted to string in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 92
  1. XF::handlePhpError() insrc/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line92
  2. XF\Db\SchemaManager->getTableColumnDefinitions() insrc/XF/Db/Schema/Alter.php at line 30
  3. XF\Db\Schema\Alter->__construct() insrc/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line223
  4. XF\Db\SchemaManager->newAlter() insrc/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line144
  5. XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable() insrc/XF/Install/Upgrade/2000270-202.php at line 19
  6. XF\Install\Upgrade\Version2000270->step1() insrc/XF/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 169
  7. XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRun() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() insrc/XF/App.php at line 1934
  11. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 333
  12. XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line14

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-19-20-36-26.webp
    Screenshot_2019-01-19-20-36-26.webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 16
Probably because its been less than 24hours and a non working day.

Calm down , sit tight and someone will be along shortly.
Not necessarily even that.

If you need the support of a staff member then you should submit a ticket. We can’t necessarily reply to every support request on the forum and this is especially true at the weekend.

Ticket responses are slower at the weekend but they are still likely.

Note that the forums are not our official support channel. If you want a guaranteed response from a staff member, then you need to submit a ticket via the customer area.

But I don't really see how this is possible. I would recommend reuploading the files first off. If that doesn't help, check your PHP version. If it's 7.3.0, then that is likely the problem as there are some opcache bugs with that. You should either upgrade to 7.3.1 or downgrade to 7.2.x.

Note that the forums are not our official support channel. If you want a guaranteed response from a staff member, then you need to submit a ticket via the customer area.

But I don't really see how this is possible. I would recommend reuploading the files first off. If that doesn't help, check your PHP version. If it's 7.3.0, then that is likely the problem as there are some opcache bugs with that. You should either upgrade to 7.3.1 or downgrade to 7.2.x.
Thanks for reply!
Now my forum is live but I have lost all data. Before doing upgrade i have took backup all data. And the file is now in .tar.gz
Now the question is where to upload this file and how. I mean i upload the file after extracting or upload direct tar.gz file?

If you lost all data then I can only guess that you did a fresh install (which should have prompted you to confirm that you'll lose data). That should really only be possible if the existing files were removed (notably internal_data/install-lock.php).

If you have a backup, you'll need to restore that. I don't know what's in your tar.gz file, so I can't really comment on what to do with it. If it's a DB backup, it will need to be imported into MySQL. If it's a file backup, it will need to be extracted to the correct location. Your host may be able to help with these as it could be large.

Note that most of the data is stored in the database, so if your backup doesn't include the database content, then you won't be able to restore threads, posts or users.

If you lost all data then I can only guess that you did a fresh install (which should have prompted you to confirm that you'll lose data). That should really only be possible if the existing files were removed (notably internal_data/install-lock.php).

If you have a backup, you'll need to restore that. I don't know what's in your tar.gz file, so I can't really comment on what to do with it. If it's a DB backup, it will need to be imported into MySQL. If it's a file backup, it will need to be extracted to the correct location. Your host may be able to help with these as it could be large.

Note that most of the data is stored in the database, so if your backup doesn't include the database content, then you won't be able to restore threads, posts or users.
Thanks

• Members are back but unable to login as there is some password issue. Even after choosing forget password option there is no way to login.
  • Complete data is still not recover. When we create new category or forum in node then only data will appear.
  • Retrieved Threads and messages is not counting.
  • In many threads, this will happen at the time of opening of new threads: Oops! We ran into some problems. Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.

• Members are back but unable to login as there is some password issue. Even after choosing forget password option there is no way to login.
  • Complete data is still not recover. When we create new category or forum in node then only data will appear.
  • Retrieved Threads and messages is not counting.
  • In many threads, this will happen at the time of opening of new threads: Oops! We ran into some problems. Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.
Have you restored DB and files or did fresh installed and restored DB only.

If you restore back of files and db, there should not be any problem like that.

Top Bottom