facebook's new look and the future of forums.

I use it online now and again. Took it off my phone after I read the Permission required for the app, was quite shocking/scary tbh

gvYv8rX.jpg

This was some time ago might of changed some now but this still puts me of getting it again.

the only advantage of FB is that there are lots of people on that platform. But it could change, as happened with many other platforms in the past.
Nothing is granted, not even for FB.

There is a need for another platform beyond FarceBook:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:coffee:

I use it online now and again. Took it off my phone after I read the Permission required for the app, was quite shocking/scary tbh

gvYv8rX.jpg

This was some time ago might of changed some now but this still puts me of getting it again.
Why is any of that scary? The first one is necessary to integrate Facebook contacts with your existing contacts. The second would pretty much make the Facebook camera useless if not enabled. And the third almost all apps have. It's a way to assign your phone a unique identifier. That's not to say that any permissions can't be exploited, but in this context, hardly scary or shocking at all. I can't imagine the app being of much use otherwise.

I think the other reason why Facebook and Twitter are so widespread and therefore so powerful is because you can Sign-up at any website via FB-Login or Twitter-Login.

Just imagine how powerful all those many globally spread XF-Forums would be if there would be something like a "XF-Login" which would also allow you to Sign-up at any website:

xf-login.webp

:eek:

Why is any of that scary? The first one is necessary to integrate Facebook contacts with your existing contacts. The second would pretty much make the Facebook camera useless if not enabled. And the third almost all apps have. It's a way to assign your phone a unique identifier. That's not to say that any permissions can't be exploited, but in this context, hardly scary or shocking at all. I can't imagine the app being of much use otherwise.

Aye I know what you mean but there are other sides. Like
If you want it taking photos/videos and sound recordings anytime it likes by all means use it :)

Aye I know what you mean but there are other sides. Like
If you want it taking photos/videos and sound recordings anytime it likes by all means use it :)
I have it on my phone and it's never taken a photo/video or sound recording on its own in all the time it's been installed.

I have it on my phone and it's never taken a photo/video or sound recording on its own in all the time it's been installed.
Which you know of :D that's the point who says it stores them on your phone to so you can see/find them? After all it has the Permission which you granted it to do them anytime.

Which you know of :D that's the point who says it stores them on your phone to so you can see/find them? After all it has the Permission which you granted it to do them anytime.
Well since the light comes on when my phone's camera works.. and it makes a noise when a photo is taken, I'm pretty confident it's not being a voyeur.

"The Brogan" never quits. He supports, drives audi's/BMWs into the back of trucks, trains, planes and space shuttles and always gets the bad guy. Quitting is never an option.
I see.. well the last time I was on he acted the part of quitting.

I see.. well the last time I was on he acted the part of quitting.

TBH I was making light of the situation comment you made. That was the past, where it belongs. Better times now so dragging it up only makes way for this thread to head south is basically what I'm saying.:)

Let the good times roll. :D

TBH I was making light of the situation comment you made. That was the past, where it belongs. Better times now so dragging it up only makes way for this thread to head south is basically what I'm saying.:)

Let the good times roll. :D
Indeed. I was only playing Shelley.

Top Bottom