Fixed Facebook users get logged off constantly

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
This is due to a Facebook API change that will be going (has gone) live starting the week of December 12th.

To prevent this issue in 1.0.4 or 1.1.0, open the attachment. Go into the directory that corresponds with your version. You'll find xenforo.js. You need to upload this to the js/xenforo directory in XenForo, overwriting the version that is there. You will now be using the newer Facebook API for auth.

If you applied the fix I previously posted and wish to overwrite it with this version, you need only follow the instructions posted above.

[Edit Dec 9, 18:05 GMT: patched JS files updated. Follow instructions above.]

Attachments

That fix should apply to 1.0 as well (provided FB doesn't remove the old support). I will likely be posting patched xenforo.js files for both branches.

I have posted a different fix which contains patched js/xenforo/xenforo.js files for 1.0.4 and 1.1.0. You can simply overwrite the existing version with that to prevent this issue from occurring next week. See the first post.

As of this post, I have updated the zip file in the first post again. This fixes another potential infinite loop issue (with log ins).

Guess you should update line 224 in library/XenForo/Application.php to force users to download the updates js file

PHP:
        self::$jsVersion = substr(md5(self::$versionId . $config->jsVersion), 0, 8);

Guess you should update line 224 in library/XenForo/Application.php to force users to download the updates js file

PHP:
        self::$jsVersion = substr(md5(self::$versionId . $config->jsVersion), 0, 8);
That is updated upon each version.... self::$versionId changes upon every release. It is a numerical representation of XenForo's version.

I have posted a different fix which contains patched js/xenforo/xenforo.js files for 1.0.4 and 1.1.0. You can simply overwrite the existing version with that to prevent this issue from occurring next week. See the first post.
So this will work for 1.0.2 as well?

Ok, downloaded and uploaded and I was prompted to overwrite, which leads me to assume that I got this uploaded to the correct place, but I still get an error. :confused:

Top Bottom