Facebook recommend

FredC

Ive tested this in Chrome and FF latest so far.. Its not really how it looks, its what its converted to while hovering over the link of after clicking on it..
Capture_07112012_112352.webp

Interestingly i get a 404 and so does anyone that clicks on the links i recommend within my forum.. I havent dug deep enough to know if its just me or everyone on my site.. Ive yet to hear any complaints but then again i have no idea really how many people use the recommend button either

Your right it is odd because i just noticed another link i manually added from my site to facebook got the same characters but didnt throw a 404

Ok.

It appears as though you don't have any Facebook OpenGraph details in your page.

This special code tells Facebook all about the page being shared, and presumably encodes the URL properly.

Looking at the open_graph_meta template which you should have:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}">
<meta property="og:site_name" content="{$xenOptions.boardTitle}" />
<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>
<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
<meta property="og:url" content="{xen:raw $url}" />
<meta property="og:title" content="{xen:raw $title}" />
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><meta property="fb:app_id" content="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}" /></xen:if>
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}"><meta property="fb:admins" content="{xen:helper implode, {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}, ','}" /></xen:if>
</xen:if>

It looks like you need to have your Facebook App ID or Facebook Admin ID configured in the Admin CP for this code to be displayed.

Ok.

It appears as though you don't have any Facebook OpenGraph details in your page.

This special code tells Facebook all about the page being shared, and presumably encodes the URL properly.

Looking at the open_graph_meta template which you should have:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}">
<meta property="og:site_name" content="{$xenOptions.boardTitle}" />
<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>
<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
<meta property="og:url" content="{xen:raw $url}" />
<meta property="og:title" content="{xen:raw $title}" />
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><meta property="fb:app_id" content="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}" /></xen:if>
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}"><meta property="fb:admins" content="{xen:helper implode, {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}, ','}" /></xen:if>
</xen:if>

It looks like you need to have your Facebook App ID or Facebook Admin ID configured in the Admin CP for this code to be displayed.
I have that template and its identical to the one you posted. :(

Sorry got a little busy with life, almost forgot about this thread.. Thanks Chris for trying to trouble shoot this for me.. I have never used FB to register or login and the Recommend features always worked in the past.. SO out of curiosity i enabled facebook connect and the problem still persists. I think it may be time to put in my first official ticket.

There was an error in fetching the object at URL 'http://doberman-chat.com/community/index.php', or one of the the URLs specified via a redirect or the 'og:url' property including one of http://www.doberman-chat.com/community/index.php

Do you still have the Default Style installed on your site? The original XenForo one untouched?

If so, you should probably try testing it with that first.

Also, I don't know if server configuration is a factor. Perhaps there's some dodgy encoding configured somewhere so when it pulls the URL it breaks. I don't know.

I have a redirect in my htaccess file redirecting www urls to non www urls. Im wondering if this could be causing the issue? Im thinking this might have started around the same time i modified that htaccess file.

Hm, yeah possibly.

Try disabling that, then give it a try.

Or, alternatively, if you post your .htaccess here I will compare it with my own.

I do the same thing (in reverse) and I have no problems so we might find a solution that way.

Top Bottom