Facebook Recommend Error

ddmmh

Hi,

This has been a problem since Ive installed Xenforo about a month back(I think).

Anyways... the facebook recommend doesnt work 100% for me. When I click recommend it does infact recommend and add it to my FB page etc... so no problems there. The problem is that it says error next to the recommend button everytime I 'recommend' something via facebook!. If i click undo it also says error but it does undo the recommendation on my FB. Its weird because it does work fine but I keep getting this weird error. The error reads "The page at http://dont want domain on here yet sorry/community/threads/members-thread-test.2/ could not be reached."

Please note I have removed my domain from the link in this post!

Its 2:30am right now so sorry if I dont make much sense. Ill try and add some photos tommorow if no one knows exactly what I mean, thanks guys!

Yes I think pics will clear things up :D
Its working now!!!

I tried it on another post and it works! Its just this one post that it wont work on... weird... this post has been there since the initial installation and ive upgraded. changed themes, edited css and played around with it so maybe that was connected somehow!

No point complaining about one post! Although if it does happen again ill be sure to add photos this time :D

Ahh! You could be very right as that is exactly what I have done!
Can I just confirm the issue?

You installed the software.
Created a test thread.
Enabled friendly URLs
Now clicking on Recommend on that test thread returns an error?

Yet all other threads created after enabling friendly URLs are OK?

Is that test thread in a private forum or otherwise not publicly visible?

Can I just confirm the issue?

You installed the software.
Created a test thread.
Enabled friendly URLs
Now clicking on Recommend on that test thread returns an error?

Yet all other threads created after enabling friendly URLs are OK?

Hi Brogan,

Yes thats about right. Although I have other topics of the same date... which work fine with the FB recommend feature... I am unsure though if the posts that work were made after or before enabling friendly URL's.

I assume you want to have a look at the post in question? I dont mind if you just take a look at it! I will PM you the details, thanks Brogan!

Problem solved it would seem.

Due to the site being .htacess protected until a few days ago, it's highly likely that Facebook has cached the URL as unreachable.
Hence my original post:

We shall know in a few days once it has expired/cleared.

Top Bottom