Fixed  Facebook Like / Recommend Button Error

This assumes the Facebook "application" applies to a page...? Or, do application pages offer up the ability to be admins?

For me (and don't tell) ;) , I have two FB accounts. One is my personal account; the other is my "admin" name on several forums, and all of my forums' pages are on that account. I do it for privacy reasons. My FB "application" is tied to this forum account, not my personal one. I'm guessing I could just use my own FB ID from this account as I am the de facto admin for it?

The pages I have on my account all have different admins; a couple are in common, but others are completely different.

BTW, if I understand how this is all working, we only use this application information so that users can log in via FB? That is the only change I noticed when I activated it. "Like"/"Recommend" buttons were working prior to that.

If you have a Facebook Application ID, you can use that and there is no need to enter any admins' IDs. I'll edit the settings to make this more clear.

Interesting...? Yesterday evening, I got the error when using the Recommend button. This evening? No more error...and I haven't changed anything.

It seems to be working now. And I presume it's not because of the changes that have been made?
The changes haven't been rolled out here, so no, the workingness of the feature here is not as a result of changes we have made. This is a change at Facebook's end, I have to assume.

Hmm, so Facebook have changed it back, after stating it was always intended to work like that?
It's not quite as simple as that, but it would certainly appear that that which worked before this week and broke sometime during this week, now works again on boards that have had no fixes applied from our end.

I still get that error on every third recommend. Or at leas I was last night. Steven applied that fix, and i haven't tried it since.

It's not quite as simple as that, but it would certainly appear that that which worked before this week and broke sometime during this week, now works again on boards that have had no fixes applied from our end.

is it now possible to "Recommend" post from my XF-Forum directly onto my FB-page ? As FB has changed the pages somehow ?

Here is how I fixed it :

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> PAGE_CONTAINER
Between <head> and </head>
add:
<meta property="fb:admins" content="fb-username" />

just remember to change fb_username to your facebook username.
In RC3
Facebook Page Admins: This field is not required if you have provided an application ID.
Which is different than the image in post 17.

So this is no longer necessary with RC3?

Top Bottom