Fixed  Facebook Like / Recommend Button Error

BigSoccer Tech

all like buttons are generating this error

You failed to provide a valid list of administators. You need to supply the administors using either a "fb:app_id" meta tag, or using a "fb:admins" meta tag to specify a comma-delimited list of Facebook users.?

help?

so explain how to apply the fix, please.
smile.png

After clicking on Facebook Like / Recommend Button first it says that I've liked the post but after a moment reports an error. This happens to me here on xenforo also.

caps.webp

This feature was working before but after some of other members were having the same problems I thought I ask if this is a xenforo related issue or facebook.

I'm running Rc1 but the problem is on RC2 versions and confirmed.

It looks as if there may be some problem with the Facebook functionality at their end as this is the second report of the FB button not working.

Either that or they've changed the app' and it now needs to be updated in the software.

This is something that Facebook appears to have broken on the Tuesday code push. I'm trying to get it sorted with them now, as the Like button is not supposed to require fb:admins or fb:app_id to be defined as far as I can tell. It certainly didn't until this week.

Here is how I fixed it :

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> PAGE_CONTAINER
Between <head> and </head>
add:
<meta property="fb:admins" content="fb-username" />

just remember to change fb_username to your facebook username.

<meta property="fb:admins" content="fb-username" />

just remember to change fb_username to your facebook username.
Thanks for the fix, but this requires the site admin to have a Facebook account, which is not something it required before Facebook made its change. I'm still chasing it up.

Same error here, so I'll hang tight. I had an "error" show up in the past, but that was unrelated (we were trying to "Like" a private area of the forum).

Facebook claim that it was always intended to work like this, and that pages can only participate in the Open Graph if there is a defined application or list of administrators, so that OG nodes have controlling parties.

The fact remains that it worked without those requirements before though...

Anyway, I've worked around it. If you don't define an application or administrator user IDs, I don't include Open Graph tags any more.

Anyway, I've worked around it. If you don't define an application or administrator user IDs, I don't include Open Graph tags any more.
Where is the administer user ID entered?
Or is that going to be a new field in the Facebook Integration options?

I'd also love to have the quick access to the Facebook team that Kier has (thanks to Scott perhaps?)

Does seem odd that it worked beforehand but not now... unless it was just a long-term bug they didn't fix.

Top Bottom