1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Like button working even without Facebook App ID?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by BirdOPrey5, Oct 10, 2010.

1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

So i never bothered to put in a Facebook App ID into my Admin CP options and to my surprise the "Facebook Like" button still appeared in a thread... to my bigger surprise it actually worked when I clicked on it? It said (My Name) likes this. (Unlike). So I clicked "unlike" and it went away again.

So the question is- is this supposed to work even without entering any facebook account info? if so, how? :confused:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Did you check whether your wall on Facebook was updated?

You should have seen something like this:

[​IMG]

3. cedivad

cedivad Active Member

Your Facebook app id is used for the facebook login.
    The like button is independent from the app id you insert or not.

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  4. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. :cool:

5. Martyn

Martyn Active Member

whats facebook intergration used for then just the login?

6. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

facebook like button is like a regular sharing button similar to the one offered by twitter, digg and google buzz.

it does not require any connection with an existing facebook account. if a user is logged in on his facebook account, it works instanteneously. if not, it would ask the user to login.

facebook integration on XF is of course connected to enabling Facebook Connect powered account creation and login. :D

7. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I hope there will be an option in beta 2 to disable this button because loading scripts form fb slows down loading of the page.

8. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

its an inline frame. it should not affect the loadtime of your board.

9. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I checked it twice with dev.tools. Until javascript isn't loaded the whole page is still loading.

10. gib

gib Active Member

You can remove the buttons, with a little bit of tweaking

CyberAP likes this.