• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Facebook Integration - Registered Friends

Brad L

I'm currently considering whether I want to use Xenforo's facebook integration features with a new forum I'm working on. I'm leaning towards giving users the option to login using facebook; however, I'm not sure about the registered friends feature. Any thoughts or opinions? Privacy concerns?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
What are your concerns exactly?

All it does is show you any Facebook friends who have liked content on the site.

Brad L

I'm not very familiar with facebook and was just curious what other forum administers thought of the Registered Friends feature. Considering the fact that it's an additional option, I thought there might be a valid reason why someone might prefer not to use it.

All it does is show you any Facebook friends who have liked content on the site.
That sounds fine. I assume it will only include facebook friends who have decided to associate their forum account with facebook.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
No.
It will show any FB friends who have clicked on Like/Recommend.

They don't need to be a member of the forum.
The association is via Facebook, not the forum.

Brad L

Memberlist facebook login box?

When I visit the memberlist on my forum, which has the registered facebook friends feature enabled, I get a facebook login box on the bottom of the side column (see attachment). This happens whether I am logged in or not. I don't see this facebook login box at the xenforo website or others I have looked at. I see the template conditional, but don't know what $xenOptions.facebookFacepile represents.

In addition to the confusion described above, the login box does not look like it is being displayed properly.

memberlist_facebook.png

R

ragtek

Memberlist facebook login box?

When I visit the memberlist on my forum, which has the registered facebook friends feature enabled, I get a facebook login box on the bottom of the side column (see attachment). This happens whether I am logged in or not. I don't see this facebook login box at the xenforo website or others I have looked at. I see the template conditional, but don't know what $xenOptions.facebookFacepile represents.

In addition to the confusion described above, the login box does not look like it is being displayed properly.

I have a similar problem, that's why i started http://xenforo.com/community/threads/facebook-bug-on-registered-members-page.17305/