1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 facebook integration errors

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by reddy ink, Jun 14, 2016.

1. reddy ink

reddy ink Active Member

My FB integration is not working properly. I tried to bebug

here are the warnings shown including Share App ID missing.
    However, when I run test in XF admin, integration test shows passed!

Appreciate your help!

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Those are warnings that relate to open graph tags. It's not really relevant to the Facebook integration (with logins).

What issue are you having?
  3. reddy ink

reddy ink Active Member

I am trying to integrate images (w/ open graph fb).
  4. Mike

I don't understand what you're referring to for the most part. Can you explain the problem?
  5. reddy ink

reddy ink Active Member

Question: How to integrate Facebook Open Graph with XenForo

There are tutorials on the web for wordpress, Vb, drupal integration to FB open graph but need some help getting instructions for XF.

Many thanks
  6. vbresults

vbresults Well-Known Member

I think you're trying to add images that show up when linked to on facebook, images in either the resource manager or threads. The integration test built into XenForo is for testing what's necessary for login integration. It is completely unrelated to og:image tags which is why you see Test Passed on the XenForo side and warnings from the FB debug tool.

The instructions to do what you are trying to do vary depending on where you want to do it, and if there isn't already an add-on out there that does what you want, you need one built.
    reddy ink likes this.
  7. reddy ink

reddy ink Active Member

I am looking for instructions to set up FB open graph integration.

8. vbresults

vbresults Well-Known Member

Having the option to select an image attachment for that open graph tag (default to 1st attachment) is a good candidate for a suggestion here, and for the RM too @reddy ink
  9. Mike

Open graph tags are added by default. You don't need to take any explicit steps to add them.